• Register Today It's free!

Help with part and part number.

Chickensandwich

Reaction score
City, State
Madison
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Police Utility
So, I’m taking the spot light off and I am looking for the plastic piece that covers the exterior A-Pillar. I thought ninjas the right part number, but I get descriptions that go from “decal” to “tape” all using the same part number. Prices have also ranged from $30 to $80 with the same part number listed.

bb5z7827743a is what the dealership gave me.

40C94B9E-F4C5-4C5B-A406-28965E2D50BC.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get it from the dealer that supplied the part number......

Get it from the dealer that supplied the part number......
I didn’t. They can’t figure it out for some reason. The last part number was for a plastic seat molding. Online, the part number I found is described as tape or a decal.

Go to another dealers parts counter. They should be able to look it up on the exploded views and show you.

Call a local windshield installer. I’m sure they replace these with glass all the time.

It points #3, then describes it as tape. I don’t get it.....am I missing something?
You want the applique #4. That's the outside trim piece (moulding).

That looks like the B Pillar trim piece, based on shape. I need the A Pillar to cover the spotlight hole.
You want the applique #4. That's the outside trim piece (moulding).

Maybe it has a stupid Ford name, like calling a one way clutch a mechanical diode.

Thanks. Do you know the difference between lower molding and Pilar molding?
Perhaps the lower molding is what this member calls the inner molding since he mentioned he didn't have the outer piece (Pillar molding?)
Found this using one of the part numbers; BB5Z-7803145-AA - Google Search
Good luck.

Peter

I did cursory googling and didn’t come up with a good answer. I’ll dig a little more.

Perhaps the lower molding is what this member calls the inner molding since he mentioned he didn't have the outer piece (Pillar molding?)
Found this using one of the part numbers; BB5Z-7803145-AA - Google Search
Good luck.

Peter
The inner piece was a bracket and shorter, thicker, and squared off at the ends. Wow Ford.....wow.

i'm not sure if you said it was the part that peter mentioned (BB5Z-7803145-AA) or not, but I would think that or this (FB5Z-7803599-AB)?

You can save substantial $$ by getting parts from AutoNation Ford or Levittown Ford. I believe both sell for 10% over invoice on OEM parts.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back