Help with Super 5.5/Rancho shocks

zensius

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Hill, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4 dr. EB
I'm sorry about having to start a thread like this again but I need some definitive numbers here. And a search didn't help. I've tried. I want to buy Rancho 9000's for my new Superlift 5.5. In previous threads I've read that for the Superlift 5.5 lift you should use 9115's in front and 9185 in rear. But I just read in another thread that someone was using 9138 in front and 9116 in rear. Since I don't have the lift in yet and can't measure and call Rancho myself. And I can't let the truck sit half-done while waiting for parts to show up, it's my daily driver, can anyone shed some light on this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I read your post and just happened to run across my old parts invoice the other day so here is what is on my old Ho. 9115's and 9005's. It is parked at my friends shop waiting for it's cage so I can't check what end they are at. Hope this helps.

Well, no, that doesn't help;) You've added yet another number, the 9005's. I guess I could call Rancho with all these numbers and find out what's different about them.

Okay, heres some info. The 9115 is 21.24" extended, 12.9" collapsed. the 9138 is 21.2 extended and 12.88 collapsed so they would probably both fit the front fine either way.

The 9005 is 29.3" extended, 17.2" collapsed, the 9185 is 26.82 extended, 15.97 collapsed. The 9116 is 24.4, and 14.79.

I am running the 9005's in the rear (called my friend) and they stuff fully on compression and really let the rear droop so I would reccomend the long one for your lift. Good luck.

Thanks CONavajo you've been a great help. I'm gonna run 9115's in front and 9005's in the rear. Thanks for the info.

Back