Help!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help!!!!!

Reaction score
City, State
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport and I would like to do the Torsion Twist along with Add-a-Leafs and Shackles. I know how to do the Torsion twist and from looking at different posts on here I saw that I could use the Explorer ProComp EXP-13120 Add-a-Leafs from Summit Racing and I could use the Warrior Shackles Part No. 153. I heard that you might have to do some drilling to the Add-a-Leafs or something like that but Im not sure though. My main question is if I order the Explorer ProComp EXP-13120 Add-a-Leafs from Summit Racing will they fit my explorer fine with no modification and if I order the Warrior Shackles Part No. 153 will they fit my explorer fine with no modification. I would really appreciate it if someone out there could answer these questions. Thanks and all help is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no mods needed for the shackles. they just replace the stock ones. not sure about the add-a-leaf.

You're not going to be able to put in AALs unless you swap out your mono leaf rear springs for a spring pack from a 4dr explorer. There are AALs out there for the mono leafs but from what ive heard theyre pretty expensive. I have AALs on my truck and i didnt have to modify anything. There is a write up on the board about swapping your monoleaf for a multi leaf spring pack.

Ok well can you give me info on the shackles and how to install them. Where can I buy them at online. I know I need Warrior Shackles Part No. 153 but I think there is 2 kinds of them like one is made out of one material and the other is made out of something else. I appreciate all the help.

One more thing. Do you happen to have any links to places that sell AAL's for mono leafs for my 2001 Sport. I know you said there expensive but I guess its still worth a try to look at. Thanks

Its worth it to goto the 4dr springs the monoleafs just suck. Shackles are easy to install use the search feature of the board and you'll come up with all the info you need. There is only one set of shackles from warrior for out trucks and it is part # 153. Im not sure where you can get the monoleaf aals. try www.summitracing.com

As was pointed out in your other thread and to avoid confusion in this one, starting in 2001 Ford went back to the multi-leaf suspension on the Sports. You should not have a mono-leaf suspsension.

Back