• Register Today It's free!

shackles or add-a-leaf

jus97tin

Reaction score
City, State
carlisle, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt, 97 ranger
I have a 94 explorer xlt and im gonna do the spacers up front but i can get a kit for the whole truck with add a leafs. What's better? warrior 153 shackles or just stick with the add a leafs? whats everyones thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All aal's and shackles are not the same. And a lot depends on what folks are comfortable with and what they like. And what you use the truck for. I like a long aal. My X is a DD and I wheel it about a month each year. I also drive it 1,000 + highway miles to wheel each year.

I did both, AAL and Shackles with TT...it leveled out nicely with some nice added lift!

tt don't work on a 1st gen, but heck i will chime in,,

i did both add a leaf and shackles, individually,
i would say a good long aal kit is better as the shackles just aggravate a problem if the leafs are sagged out,,

tt don't work on a 1st gen, but heck i will chime in,,

i did both add a leaf and shackles, individually,
i would say a good long aal kit is better as the shackles just aggravate a problem if the leafs are sagged out,,

yeah, I just realized that...:shifty_ey

Follow up?
I'm doing the same thing soon !
howd it all pan out?

I added warrior shackles on my 1993 and it leveled out the front and rear almost perfect. I am also going with coil spring spacers and I am also going to add a add-a-leaf to level out the front to rear.

Back