Here's my truck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here's my truck

This is a picture of a truck that looks just like mine. It's a 2000 Saleen XP8. I saw it at the Seattle International Auto Show and tracked it down to a dealer. It's number 12 of 18 made that year. It's missing the window sticker now because I thought it looked hideous. It's a normally aspirated AWD. I've been thinking about a blower (Kenne/Bell) but can't quite justify the expense. (I know. Why be rational?) Anyway, that's all I can think of right now. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Attachments

• explorerblue.jpg
    explorerblue.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,237

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool car is the interiour stock?

Nice ride. What exactly makes it a "Saleen" besides tupperware and rims? Oh, What rims are those?

Hey, you asked

Saleen 2.5" stainless steel 4-way catalytic high flow custom exhaust and muffler system
K&N Air Filter

SUSPENSION

Front: Independent SLA, torsion bar, high pressure
Saleen/Racecraft N2 gas shock absorbers and
Saleen/Racecraft front sway bar and pivot bushings
Rear: Semi-floating type rear axle, variable rate leaf springs, high pressure Saleen/Racecraft N2 gas shock absorbers and Saleen/Racecraft sway bar and pivot bushings
Saleen high performance alignment and tuned chassis

BRAKES
Power 4-wheel ABS disc brakes
Front: 11.3" Dual Piston Vented Disc
Rear: 11.2" Disc

WHEELS
Saleen Chrome alloy wheels wheels
Front 18" x 8.5"
Rear 18" x 8.5"

TIRES
Pirelli Scorpion Zeros
Front: P255/55 R-18
Rear: P255/55 R-18

Leather Saleen Seating
The standard Ford Explorer seats are replaced with Saleen/Recaro fronts and matching Saleen Edition rear seat. The frount seats, head rests and rear seat are 100% covered in full grained, genuine leather. Saleen identification is embroidered into the front seats.

Aside from that, nothing.

mmmmm....... drool........

glad to see a Saleen in here, welcome to the site! :)

just to add, a KenneBell would have to be custom. they dont make one for the 5liter X, and the accessories are different than the 5liter mustang. only production chargers are either Eaton or Powerdyne.

Good thing I posted

I was told by some guy at a performance place about the Kenne Bell.
Thanks for setting me straight. I'm sure you just saved me a lot of headaches. It's really too bad stupidity isn't painful. The "experts" at these auto parts places would be a little more careful about opening their mouths if it were.

Re: Good thing I posted

lol, I think people are going to confuse you with myslef.....saleenxp8/saleenexp. I know I already did, I saw your post last night and thought I posted it, I was like I have a Saleen XP8:) and then I realized it was SaleenXP8 and not SaleenEXP:( .

Welcome to the site, you have the ultimate suv to build upon for the street, Troll's mods (his Explorer should be running 10's now) in an XP8 would be the ultimate truck with that kind of power backing up the Saleens aggressive looks and suspension and very comfy recaro seats.
Originally posted by SaleenXP8
I was told by some guy at a performance place about the Kenne Bell.
Thanks for setting me straight. I'm sure you just saved me a lot of headaches. It's really too bad stupidity isn't painful. The "experts" at these auto parts places would be a little more careful about opening their mouths if it were.
You can bolt on the KenneBell with some modifications the accessory drive shaft is the main problem and why Stang chargers won't directly bolt up (The Stangs shaft is a little longer)), and the hp and especially the tq increase would be insane with a twin-screw, talk to tmosko on this site as he's the only person I'm aware of who has a Kennebell on his 5.0, I think it was a 97' Explorer 5.0 that he swapped into his Ranger. Talk to him and he can give you all the info you need on swapping on a KennBell on an Explorer 5.0 V8. I can't remember his email so do a search for him and you'll be able to email/pm him.

KenneBell all the way, their chargers are amazing. I've ridden in a KennBell equiped Lightning and the tq was absolutley sick on that truck, a friend is also planning on a KB twin-screw to swap onto his 03' Cobra.

Have you heard of NitrousPete on the Stang boards (Stangnet and Corral)? He has a KenneBell equiped 03' Cobra with a Lentech auto tranny and I think a 50 shot of nitrous and he just ran a 9.99 at 139-140mph. His car is completley street legal with interior and full tank:eek: I have a video of his 9.99 run, absolutley sick, I'll post it later on, his Cobra launches like a rocket off the line, the sound of the 03' Cobra engine and KB blower whine is pure music to my ears lol. He literally smoked and walked the older BMW he ran against like it was standing still, musta been braket racing.

i think tmsoko was doing alot of research on the KB, but i dont think he's got one on there yet. basically its just a matter of finding one with the right length snout.

Welcome to the site!!! That is one beautiful X...I'm envious.:D

Lift it and put a solid axle up front!!! hahaha

just kidding.

A supercharger would be nice, but I agree, you dont need to add anything else to that truck.....

That's one sharp X:smoke:

welcome to the saleen club bud. is this an everyday driver? if so don't get into an serious accident with it. replacement parts are near impossible to get. every now and then there will be parts on ebay but you might as well bend over because they are EXPENSIVE!

WOW!! 8 posts and already Elite, Congrats and Thank You!:D

The XP8 LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!!! Nice work tracking it down!

Thanks everybody!

Thanks for the kind words and the advice. It sounds like there are a lot of knowledgeble people in here. Before I make my mods, I'm coming here first.

And yes, it is daily driver. But I drive it like it is made out of china. I have to, as replacement parts are almost impossible to find. Oh, and when you do find them, better grab your ankles because they are spendy.

John

Welcome to the board! Nice X. It's nice to see a Saleen in the hands of someone who appreciates it.

Sweet ride there SaleenXP8, I never new they made a 2000 model. I thought they only made it in 98 & 99.
I'd post a pick of mine but it won't let me. I have the first year, a 98 #16 and I love it.
Tom

tommy, send your pics to me at jamest45acp@cableone.net and i will post them. or, if you wanna start a new thread in here featuring your truck, do so and ill post them in it.

we love seeing pics of Saleens. :bounce:

Thank you James T

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tommy... You're just a hop, skip and jump from me. Well, not really, but I bet you're the closest XP8 to me. You interested in taking that to the All Ford Nationals this May? We are planning a big get together with a bunch of people from the board. Let me know if you're interested.

Back