hid, coolblue, silverstar

rama1200

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer xls
some questions:

1. does anybody know if the cool blue are as bright the the SilverStar, are they whiter? since they have the light blue coating? if the SilverStars are brighter/whiter why? do they have the same gilling gases, etc.?

2. are the new aviators/mountaniers/expl coming with HID's, or not yet?

I have an '04 x and no hid... even kia/hyundai have hid/projectors.

3. so hid is just the bulb with the wire harnest, right? so then there is a projector lens that wll complement the hid system as well? can the projector/lens alone be used with regular lightbulb to improve lighting?

I talked to a represenative a while back when i was working at mills fleet farm and he said the cool blue are for the most part project a white beam with an outline of blue. From what i know the silverstars are brighter. I currently have the silverstars in my X and i love them.

1. does anybody know if the cool blue are as bright the the SilverStar, are they whiter? since they have the light blue coating? if the SilverStars are brighter/whiter why? do they have the same gilling gases, etc.?
The Sylvania Cool Blues have a color temp of ~35ook while the Silver Stars are ~4000k. Sylvania's Xenarc HIDs are 4100-5400k. While the lumen output for the Cool Blues is 700-1700 and the Silver Stars are 910-1700 lumens. The down side of the Silver Stars is that they have an extremely shorter rated life than a standard halogen bulb.

Check out the Sylvania site for details.

Back