hid help!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hid help!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not that im aware of. My HIDs work just fine without any extras

Ditto. Mine work fine....

From all of the reading I've done, if you stick with the 35w, all you need is the kit. If you go 55w, then you need the harness as well. I'll be doing this kit for my lows and fogs after the 1st of January.

If you don't mind, please post up where and how you mounted the ballasts.

From all of the reading I've done, if you stick with the 35w, all you need is the kit. If you go 55w, then you need the harness as well. I'll be doing this kit for my lows and fogs after the 1st of January.

will do im thinkin bout trynna order the headlights this week and then lookin to get fogs later on down the road

i have a 55w kit in my lowbeams with no harness and it works flawlessy.

as for the mounting i have one mounted next to the intake, and the other on the front of the battery cover.

if you want a picture i can get one tomorrow.

will do im thinkin bout trynna order the headlights this week and then lookin to get fogs later on down the road
You and I think alike. Haha.

as for the mounting i have one mounted next to the intake, and the other on the front of the battery cover.

Thanks. I just wanted to get an idea of what the best way to mount them might be.

a picture would be great thanks man!

ballastlocation2.jpg

ballastlocation1.jpg

the areas circled in black are the ballasts. theyre all held on with 3m double sided adhesive. i cleaned the areas before mounting to ensure the best mounting surface. one set is for low beams the other is for grille mounted driving lights.

Spend the extra $10-$20 and get the slim ballasts. I've got 55w 8000K's in my lows and 35w 6000K's in my fogs. Here's a couple pics of my low ballasts.

b67332e1.jpg

27d1de70.jpg

The ballasts for my lows are under my headlight housings.....

Here's my ex...

998d2dcc.jpg

2ca8dc6a.jpg

Spend the extra $10-$20 and get the slim ballasts. I've got 55w 8000K's in my lows and 35w 6000K's in my fogs. Here's a couple pics of my low ballasts.

i dont see much of a difference in light output. how come you didnt just get 35w 6k's for the lows too? and mine are 35w 8k, but seem more blue than yours?

i dont see much of a difference in light output. how come you didnt just get 35w 6k's for the lows too? and mine are 35w 8k, but seem more blue than yours?

the 55w ballasts wash out some of the light color because of the higher power output.

therover1991 said:
the 55w ballasts wash out some of the light color because of the higher power output.

What he said....

Back