Solved - HID Projector Pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved HID Projector Pics

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
I've got a few pics of my new HID Projectors so far. The camera takes away lots of light as it focuses, so you wouldn't believe what these look like in person. I have a couple low-beam and high-beam pics. I'm VERY happy with these so far!

Attachments

• hid.jpg
    hid.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 629
  • hid1.jpg
    hid1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 602
  • hid2.jpg
    hid2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 602

Yes, Euro headlights are glass... they are the same Jeep uses for the Cherokee... halogen too. The frame around the lens is different, that's all.

HID would be fine too... I've got HID in my Audi and after working on them I don't think it would take much of retrofitting to put them in my Explorer. Allthough I think that factory headlights coupled with fog lights and hi-beams with driving lights give me plenty of light. I don't know what it is... we usually try to change something on our trucks.

Nothing surprises me after seeing guys converting their Navajos to Explorers and 4X2 trucks to 4X4.

Anything is possible...

I for a change converted tailights to seperate brake and turn signals.

has anybody done a hid retrofit on a gen 2 explorer.

Back