hids with lamp out module | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hids with lamp out module

I don't know how the lamp out module works but I'm assuming it can be disabled. If you're running HIDs they should be on a new fused relay wiring harness wired directly to the battery on their own circuit. Their relay can be triggered by any low current source switch. Which means the HID setup will be running completely independent of the stock wiring. The lamp out module shouldn't know they exist, and will see the stock lights as both out since they're unplugged.

I don't know how the lamp out module works but I'm assuming it can be disabled. If you're running HIDs they should be on a new fused relay wiring harness wired directly to the battery on their own circuit. Their relay can be triggered by any low current source switch. Which means the HID setup will be running completely independent of the stock wiring. The lamp out module shouldn't know they exist, and will see the stock lights as both out since they're unplugged.

^^Not so. If your veh. can detect a lamp out you will need a resistor to fool it as you do in using LED turn signals.

Not sure if your Veh. is that sensitive. (dont think it is) Give it a try and if the light is on we can turn it off.......

Mr. Kemp is right that's a better way to do it. You could trigger the relay on the harness by splicing off one of those resistors.

Back