• Register Today It's free!

HID's

Morgan1002

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Is it normal for the HID's to make a buzzing noise when they are turning on? it only last about a second and i assume it has something to do with the gas igniting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wish I had HIDs to compare.:( This was the only option I did not get, that I really wanted. Could not get it without the "self parking" and "adaptive cruise control". I did not want that bundle.

Wish I had HIDs to compare.:( This was the only option I did not get, that I really wanted. Could not get it without the "self parking" and "adaptive cruise control". I did not want that bundle.

I agree. I wanted HIDs, and almost went for the 302A package, but there is something about a car driving itself that scares me LOL

many ballasts/ignitors buzz during startup, so don't worry.

HIDs were one of the main reasons I went with the 302A, I didn't want to retrofit HID projectors in the Ex. How do you like them?

I also wanted the HID's. My wife's Flex has them and they are nice. They were standard on the Limited Flex which was what I was hoping for on the Explorer.

Back