High pitched interior noise. Constant | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High pitched interior noise. Constant

Welcome to the Forum rip219.:wave:
Ford is aware of the issue and is in the process of working on it. Dealers are supposed to be advised when a new inverter is available and then they are to contact the customers that have indicated they have the problem.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New to the forum. I live in Mexico and have a 2017 explorer limited. The noise was so irritating that I looked it up and found this post. I will try to remove the fuse mentioned to see if it works. I just hope the dealers here in Mexico support me on this. Any tips on what to say to them? I see some comments mentioning Oasis system. They should be able to look somewhere in their Global ford support right? Thanks.

New to the forum. I live in Mexico and have a 2017 explorer limited. The noise was so irritating that I looked it up and found this post. I will try to remove the fuse mentioned to see if it works. I just hope the dealers here in Mexico support me on this. Any tips on what to say to them? I see some comments mentioning Oasis system. They should be able to look somewhere in their Global ford support right? Thanks.

They should. Ford released TSB 17-2251 so they were able to find it right away. They replaced the inverter and no more noise.

Simply told them about the noise, what I read about it possibly coming from the inverter, and how pulling the fuse made it stop.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I don't know for sure if they can access the OASIS system from your location but I would think they probably can. I'm sure someone will have a more definite answer for you.

Peter

Have the similiar issue in my 2017 Limited. I am going to try the fuse pull to see if it works. Much thanks to everyone on here!

I emailed my dealership and asked if a solution was ever found. They replied and told me there is a service bullentin that came out and they will replace the power converter. I should be having mine replaced sometime next week! Finally it appears that Ford will fix this. But I had to reach out and ask, they never followed up with me from when I took it in back in February. I found this forum after my visit to the dealership and pulling the fuse saved me. looking forward to finally being able to use my converter.

Have the similiar issue in my 2017 Limited. I am going to try the fuse pull to see if it works. Much thanks to everyone on here!
Welcome to the Forum Danny.:wave:

Peter

Maybe it's supposed to do this, but it is pretty high pitched and doesn't shut down when the car starts. You can still hear it when the engine is running. Is it the fuel system primed? The sound makes it impossible to just sit in the car with acc on. It does not stop after an extended period of time either.

Any update on a fix for this issue? Mine does the same thing and I can’t find a solution. It’s coming from my engine any as opposed to my glovebox, like everyone else is posting. So pulling fuse 56 doesn’t do anything.

Any update on a fix for this issue? Mine does the same thing and I can’t find a solution. It’s coming from my engine any as opposed to my glovebox, like everyone else is posting. So pulling fuse 56 doesn’t do anything.
There are other threads on engine noises that explain some of the causes. This thread, as the subject title states, is for INTERIOR high pitched noises. You can find the others by using the Forum's 'Search' feature in the upper right and post your issue in one of them so we can keep this thread on track. Thanks and good luck.

Peter

Having the dealer replace the inverter did the trick for mine. Warranty fix.

I unfortunately had a frustrating experience this week. After hearing that an official TSB had finally been released ( TSB 17-2251) I excitedly contacted my dealership and they got my 2017 ford explorer platinum in right away to swap the inverter. Unfortunately later that day they advised me that after swapping the inverter they were still hearing the high pitched noise from it, same issue, the sound still goes away after pulling fuse. They advised me that they are reaching out to Ford through an online internal system to figure out if they have any additional recommendations to fix this. This apparently could take several days for a response. In the meantime I picked my explorer back up so it's not sitting on their lot. I can't help but wonder if some of the inverters are just defective and you have to keep swapping them until you get a good one. Also there is definitely an issue with only certain people being able to hear the sound so it does complicate the situation. The service advisor I have been working with is younger and can hear it but the mechanics doing the work can't hear the sound.

………. Also there is definitely an issue with only certain people being able to hear the sound so it does complicate the situation. The service advisor I have been working with is younger and can hear it but the mechanics doing the work can't hear the sound.
I agree that the sound frequency of this type of noise can be a problem. I'm also quite sure that there are owners who have the same problem but are not aware they have it because they are unable to hear it. Good luck.

Peter

I agree that the sound frequency of this type of noise can be a problem. I'm also quite sure that there are owners who have the same problem but are not aware they have it because they are unable to hear it. Good luck.

Peter
Hi guys
Been reading all the post on this
Been to the dealer twice
First they changed the power inverter and did not fix the problem this week my wife went and they change a fuel pump module and still does it
Trying to get the schematic from them but they say they cant give it to me...
Im an electromecanic and to me it sounds like a transistor sound and the power inverter is full of it
Ill keep u guys update on that
For now just pull fuse 56 to kinda fix the problem...

Hi guys
Been to the dealer twice
First they changed the power inverter and did not fix the problem this week my wife went and they change a fuel pump module and still does it
Im an electromecanic and to me it sounds like a transistor sound and the power inverter is full of it

Hi Alex, thanks for the update! I have had the dealership swap my inverter twice now, high pitched noise is still there. They said they would reach back out to ford, that was about a month ago. Haven't heard anything back. I might just install a switch to turn the inverter off when I'm not using it, I have the fuse pulled right now.

Hi Alex, thanks for the update! I have had the dealership swap my inverter twice now, high pitched noise is still there. They said they would reach back out to ford, that was about a month ago. Haven't heard anything back. I might just install a switch to turn the inverter off when I'm not using it, I have the fuse pulled right now.
To me its the power inverter conception that is wrong
What i dont understand is the troubleshoot procedures... to me when they are installing the power inverter before putting all the truck together makes sure its solved...
I work for a Caterpillar dealer and yes we have to follow the steps but we make sure the problem solved if not the custumer knows..
To me the dealer mecanics should know more than that
Ill keep updating for more details on fixing procedures

Hi guys
Been to the dealer twice
Welcome to the Forum Alex.:wave:
If pulling fuse #56 solves the problem, then obviously the power inverter is the issue since that is all that the fuse controls. It's very possible that the replacement was faulty as well. Good luck.

Peter

I'd go back and ask them about it. There is no reason you should have to pull a fuse to 'fix' the issue. I think they may be stalling in hopes that the warranty will run out. There are several members who have had the issue fixed by replacing the inverter.

Peter

I'd go back and ask them about it. There is no reason you should have to pull a fuse to 'fix' the issue. I think they may be stalling in hopes that the warranty will run out. There are several members who have had the issue fixed by replacing the inverter.

Peter
Yes i saw that it did fix some ppl problem
But my warranty is good fir another 2 years
Ill see next week what they will do
Thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2012 XLT 4WD that has this same exact noise and it's making me crazy. Does fuse #56 still apply to this year or it is a different fuse number. I have to try and stop the noise!!

Back