High pitched interior noise. Constant | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High pitched interior noise. Constant

I have a 2012 XLT 4WD that has this same exact noise and it's making me crazy. Does fuse #56 still apply to this year or it is a different fuse number. I have to try and stop the noise!!
Welcome to the Forum Melissa.:wave:
No #56 is not for the Power Inverter on a 2012. The fuses are all listed in your Owners' Manual beginning on page 324 of the 2nd print edition. There is no specific Power Inverter wording for any fuse but I believe it may be fuse #17 in the engine bay fuse box. It is shown as being for 110V AC power point and is a 40A fuse, the same value as shown for the Power Inverter. You can try pulling that one. It does not control anything else.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you so much! I will have my husband look at those fuses tonight. I have got to try and stop the noise. It's hard to believe that Ford doesn't find a fix to this since it seems to be a HUGE issue with a lot of models. Thanks again!

Thank you so much! I will have my husband look at those fuses tonight. I have got to try and stop the noise. It's hard to believe that Ford doesn't find a fix to this since it seems to be a HUGE issue with a lot of models. Thanks again!
Please let us know if pulling that fuse fixes it. There is another member with a 2012 XLT and his noise came from the passenger side door speaker. Except for two other 2012 XLT owners, all the rest are 2017 models plus one 2018 so I'm not sure yours is the same issue. There is a TSB (Technical Services Bulletin) 17-2251 but it only applies to 2017 -18 Explorers. 2011 + Explorer TSB's & SSM's

Peter

I don't hear it so much in the car but it is VERY loud outside of the car. Even with just the key in the "run" position it makes the noise. I am excited to see if this helps. It seems worse now that the weather is getting colder here in WI.

I don't hear it so much in the car but it is VERY loud outside of the car. Even with just the key in the "run" position it makes the noise. I am excited to see if this helps. It seems worse now that the weather is getting colder here in WI.
I think your issue is different than the ones described here.

Peter

Please let us know if pulling that fuse fixes it. There is another member with a 2012 XLT and his noise came from the passenger side door speaker. Except for two other 2012 XLT owners, all the rest are 2017 models plus one 2018 so I'm not sure yours is the same issue. There is a TSB (Technical Services Bulletin) 17-2251 but it only applies to 2017 -18 Explorers. 2011 + Explorer TSB's & SSM's

Peter
My explorer is back to the dealer
They changed the power inverter again and noise is still there
Now they are changing the fuel pump module
They are doing a tsb
I spoke with the mecanic there and he said cause of the warranty they cant go further than what Ford tells them...
I will post again for new tomorrow

Hi guys
So ford finally solved the problem
After changing the power inverter twice
Fuel.pump module
Fuel pump its self
Everything seems to be running fine
No more inverter high pitch sound
Thx

Welcome to the Forum KJJordan.:wave:
If you check your Owner's Manual you will see the fuse #56 is for the Power Inverter and that it is NOT used for anything else. It is located in the fuse panel in the engine bay.

Peter
I removed this fuse and it completely eliminated the sound. My 110V socket doesn’t work, but I’d maintain my sanity.
Mark

Welcome to the Forum Melissa.:wave:
No #56 is not for the Power Inverter on a 2012. The fuses are all listed in your Owners' Manual beginning on page 324 of the 2nd print edition. There is no specific Power Inverter wording for any fuse but I believe it may be fuse #17 in the engine bay fuse box. It is shown as being for 110V AC power point and is a 40A fuse, the same value as shown for the Power Inverter. You can try pulling that one. It does not control anything else.

Peter

I also have the same problem I have a 2011 XLT AWD that has this same exact noise coming from the passenger speaker even if the radio is off, tried removing fuse #17 it did not work. Any other ideas ???

I also have the same problem I have a 2011 XLT AWD that has this same exact noise coming from the passenger speaker even if the radio is off, tried removing fuse #17 it did not work. Any other ideas ???
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You apparently do not have the inverter issue but something else. The noise from the inverter comes from under the dash on the passenger side, not the speaker.

Peter

my wife's 2017 has this exact high frequency noise! I'll pull fuse 56 to confirm.

Peter
Much delayed response but - my high pitch noise is from the fuel pump. :)

I too have a 2011 XLT AWD Explorer and have that same issue. Nothing seems to help the noise. I have tried turning off the AC, the radio, checking the ground wires to the speaker system, adding ground wire to the battery and nothing has helped. I went to pull that fuse hoping that it would solve the noise but found that a previous owner had already removed it. Were you able to find a solution to the noise?

On some of the earlier Explorers the power inverter, located behind that glove box was the cause of some high-pitched sounds. Replacing it fixed the issue. For those that have the inverter, check to see if it has a fuse. Take it out and see if that eliminates the sound.

Peter

Back