Homemade Cold Air Intake? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Homemade Cold Air Intake?

mr99si, trolls explorer does 11s.... and he wasnt even going full bore and didnt toouch his bottle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you get the PVC

I went looking for some today and had no luck finding any at home depot or menards.:fire:

Well everthing I used was bought @ home depot. All the black pipe should be ABS Plastic. And I also used rubber connector to connect the setup to the throttle body.

Thanks

I dont have a Home Depot nearby but I do have a menards:D Looks like I have a new project:D

heres what i rigged up

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

it was fairly easy once i found all the right parts to make it fit

later
ryan

your pics didnt work

Your pics were not viewable:(

Geocities website is bad about that sometimes. That should work for you.

Hey elite

I like that alot,do you have a list of everything you used:D That is nice,it would look even better painted black:D

88vert

i was going to paint it black, but then i thought, eh it will blend it way to much and no one will notice it....so its really like a silver metallic....

um i used the following parts......*trying to remember hard*
starting at the MAS

1. 2inch to 3inch FERNCO rubber coupler
2. 2 inch diameter 45 degree HOT WATER PVC ELBOW
3. 2 inch diameter Hot Water PVC stright pipe....not sure on length
4. I know its 2 inch diameter, but This peice i don't know the name but theres a attachment you have to buy that screws into a hole in the top i believe its a barb fitting, and the hose just slides over it. They have it at True Value, thats where i got that one.
5. 2 inch diameter 90 degree Hot water PVC elbow
6. 2inch to 2 inch FERNCO rubber coupler

thats it.....i had to buy a longer rubber hose to hook to the oil fill cap area but autozone, 2 foot for $2.25 i think.

any other questions i'm glad to help

Brad

If they dont have it at menards I have a home depot about 4 blocks from my house right near Alphas new place.:D

Thanks Elite and Fred

Thanks alot elite I am excited I will have something to do at work except sit around and read newspapers:D :D :D :D

heheheee
not a problem
have fun, post pictures when you get yours on.

goodluck

by the way, the 2inch to 2 inch FERNCO coupler that goes onto the throttle body,. it will be a very tight fit, but just strech out the rubber a little bit and make sure its warm so it'll strech more.....but it will go on, but it can be a PITA

Relaxing is much better

I dont read newspapers other than at work, I read sport truck, four wheelen, offroad and other truck related mags. You can get good ideas from them. The only bad thing is no 91-94 trucks in them and too many dam **** box chevy stories who the F**k cars about some dam chevy, when Explorer is the number one selling SUV not the sh** box Blazer. This guy from my work wants to race my X with his blazer 4.3. I think I can take him with my new wires and spark plugs and exhaust soon and the intake should bring my Horsepower up a bit.:D

Whats the red hose in there Elite?:D

Fred

What year is his Blazer,My parents used to have a 96 jimmy with the 4.3 and it was quick,it was a two door too:eek:

the red hose, is just a black hose with red wire loom.

its the hose that when the stock air tube is hooked up it runs from there to the oil fill cap. Some time of oil pressure, not sure, i just did it so i didn't upset anything in the engine, so everything was the same as when i started...ehehee i have tendencys to mess stuff up, it runs in the family...hehehe

Oh thats the crankcase breather tube:D I might use some of that Goodyear blue hose it will match my truck.Did you notice a difference Elite?:D

yea i did, it might have just been in my head, but if i hit the gas now, she'll go quite quick...but i dont' do it too often cuz she's gettin on in age, don't want to **** it up, or i'll be walkin to my classes at school

i get about 16-17mpg city. 20 or so hwy.
i like this mod, it cost less than $30, and it does show improvement

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My little sport is pretty quick but it has 113000 on her so I dont beat her.Thanks for all your input Elite:D

Back