Homemade Cold Air Intake? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Homemade Cold Air Intake?

I was curious wether a snorkel arangment would be better as it would provide an air ram effect. I am also wondering if anyone has made a snorkel for their EX? I haven't found a manufactuer that does, so I was thinking of making my own. Is there enough room under the guard to run a pipe?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Brad

Put my KKM on today and can't wait to get that sweet azz intake tube on and did you mount your cone anywhere. I just connected everything and let it sit down towards the old air box did you mount your stock tube to anything to keep it from bouncing around I did notice a little of a clunky noise when I hit bumps on that side because I didnt mount it down but when I get my new tube I will mount that to something to hold it in place. Thanks again buddy and I will talk to you real soon. Real busy today and away from the house

Fred didnt you get brackets with your KKM?

Paul sent one

Yep he sent a long bracket but how do you hook that to the KKM cone or is that to hold the air intake tube up. Do you just drill a hole in the tube and mount it somewhere? Your expertise would surely help on this install. Thanks Brad and I ordered my muffler.

fred

What I did is use one of the holes that held your old air box top on you might have to bend the bracket a little but it will work.I am going to try and box the KKM in tonight at work me and the guy I work with are going to use real thin alumuinum and box the filter in around the bottom half of the old air box that way it will block off alot of the air from the engine bay:D

sounds cool

I will wait until my new tube is on because the stock one doesnt bounce around too much

I cemented the fittings on the PVC last night and what a difference:eek: I also painted the pipe to match my ex,it does not bounce around at all now,I dont think I am going to hook up the crankcase breather to the intake,I am just going to make it a little longer and run it down to the new box I am building for my KKM tonight:D

will your good buddy have a case

Will your good buddy Fred have a case as well, you make one and I will give you some cash for it. I would like a clean install and I am going to paint mine either blue or silver/chrome spray paint high temp paint. I hope you have a great fathers day "DAD". Will I pass emissions without my crankcase hose conected to my tube. I think this would not make me pass. Do you think you could rig mine up so, I can attach my crankcase hose because you know Wisconsin and there darn emission standards. Thanks buddy and I will talk to you later. I still have that hitch for you when we meet up again real soon after I get my exhaust on so, you can hear it and decide if you want to get one just like mine.:D :D :bounce: ;) :) :p :chug: :thumbsup:

I will put a fitting on for you Fred,I did not know you had emissions:(

I think I will put a brass screw on fitting for your intake I will make it look sweet,I noticed the intake more than I did the KKM I love it:D

fred

You are going to love this intake,it almost looks like it was made in a shop very clean looking:D

Cool Beans

Thanks there brad for hooking me up and you will have a nice trailer hitch for your hard work to help with the camper and did you ever sell your lifted X. I hope so, I wish I could of got my exhaust on today that would of been awesome but I will like the flowmaster cuz that is what Ian has on his stang. He is on first shift now and no more car talk with him anymore but I will be still going to his house from time to time to hang out and he can work on my truck. He keeps wanting my hitch but the hitch is already promised to my good buddy Brad.:D

Back