Honda Debuts a 1/2 Ton pickup | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Honda Debuts a 1/2 Ton pickup

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know my Explorers are still gonna be around

Stephen said:
No offense, its a little arrogant to call entry level sedans uninspired when you don't even know what they are...

Oh I know. I'm just messing with you on the part about entry level sedans.

I understand that Ford needs to make money, and they have to make things that people will buy. Well not just Ford but the rest of the car companies.

those freestars are so ugly, but i agree, the "X" will be gone soon

on the minivan note- the new ones are all really pimp...i especially like the new quest (sequoias arent half bad either)

the honda is gonna suck...i can get a dakota or a ranger that can do a heluva lot more for much less

06photo07.jpg
LOOK AT THAT FLEX!!! :eek:

Seriously....... a 5000lb. tow rating in a half ton truck? Nowadays? Hell, the 96-01 V8 X's are rated to 5500lbs..... pretty sad my old worn out 96 mid-sized sport ute is rated to tow more than a brand new fullsize truck.

Maybe im wrong, but i honestly think this thing is gonna flop. How could this thing even compare to what they intended to compete with (namely the Titan)? Performance wise, the Titan spanks just about everthing in its class and the only reason its not gonna dominate the market is the odd styling.

Honda- what were you thinking? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

rfuree11 said:
on the minivan note- the new ones are all really pimp...i especially like the new quest (sequoias arent half bad either)

The Sequoia is their big SUV, you mean the Sienna ;)

Yeah, they have all kinds of cool features and actually some style.

4 words...........it looks like shiiiiitttttttt

Stephen said:
The Sequoia is their big SUV, you mean the Sienna ;)

Yeah, they have all kinds of cool features and actually some style.
bah, close enough :p

james t said:
How could this thing even compare to what they intended to compete with (namely the Titan)?
Everyone is comparing this to the big trucks from the big 3 plus Toyota and Nissan, but those aren't it's competitors. Power and size-wise is stands up well to the compact 4 door pickups from Chevy, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota, plus the Ford Sport Trac. Honda isn't helping themselves among the "truck guys" by saying it has a "half ton" payload capacity though, since nearly every SUV and pickup would fall under that category.

Argument stopper

Okay. I see how you guys play now.

Here's the competition. I wasn't able to pick the Honda (yet). And some things were not pickable, like I couldn't get an auto Ranger or a V8 Dakota. But here you go...

edmunds comparison

Ooooops. You could figure in the Taco or the Sport Trac. I kinda forgot.

F14CRAZY said:
Here's the competition. I wasn't able to pick the Honda (yet). And some things were not pickable, like I couldn't get an auto Ranger or a V8 Dakota. But here you go...

edmunds comparison
The Ranger has a 9500 lbs towing capacity?? :confused: That would be one exciting ride with an empty bed.

I've towed my explorer w/ trailer (6500 lbs?) across town with my Moms 2002 Explorer 4.0L and I'll never do it again.

Minivan bla bla bla. I'd have an old 4x4 MPV

Fenderguy said:
Here you go dreamr. Just found some wheels real quick. The only pic I could find of the truck that would work good.

1600ridgeline.jpg

Anyone else think about what happens when you get a flat tire in that ugly thing while carrying a load in the bed? (I haven't seen anyone mention this in any reviews so far)

overview_truckbed.jpg

overview_truckbed2.jpg

2006_Ridgeline_RTL_28.jpg

You unload everything....and hope you don't have the cubbies in the floor of the bed stuffed with junk too. Then you can drag the spare tire out of the hole its tucked up in. If you have a load of dirt or wood or anything bulky in the bed, or if you're a small person, you basically have to wait for help.

Looks like a really stupid idea to me.

I hate having spares hidden. In my car the spare is under the trunk floor and if I have a flat I have to take EVERYTHING out of the trunk and pile it on the side of the road. Sample books, my golf clubs, file folders, its a huge pain in the ass.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Silver X said:
Anyone else think about what happens when you get a flat tire in that ugly thing while carrying a load in the bed? (I haven't seen anyone mention this in any reviews so far)
I had the same thought when I first heard about that.

Back