• Register Today It's free!

Hood lettering question

wellcraft

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Hi guys, finally decided to pull the trigger after 7 month and bought my second explorer, a 2017 xlt black on black with buckets seats, 202a package, towing and xlt tech package, 20" polished wheels and love it. Will be ordering the center console, floor mat liners, cargo liner most probably tonight. I also would like to buy the hood lettering but i found on ebay a guy who sells them, they are ford license but he offers magnetic and graphite color and was wondering what should be the correct color from factory?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi guys, finally decided to pull the trigger after 7 month and bought my second explorer, a 2017 xlt black on black with buckets seats, 202a package, towing and xlt tech package, 20" polished wheels and love it. Will be ordering the center console, floor mat liners, cargo liner most probably tonight. I also would like to buy the hood lettering but i found on ebay a guy who sells them, they are ford license but he offers magnetic and graphite color and was wondering what should be the correct color from factory?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure on color, though I think graphite. I'd be careful with them on eBay, though. I bought an OEM one on eBay, and even it was messed up when I got it.

Magnetic? Good luck.

Most probably I'll go with the oem as I found an internet dealer that have everything I want.

I think he meant Magnetic Metallic color, not held on the hood magnetically...especially since the hood is aluminum...

Okay, I never heard of magnetic being a color.

Pretty sure it’s magnetic metallic. I have the XLT sport appearance package and everything that’s normally chrome (grill, mirror caps etc) is magnetic metallic and matches with the hood lettering.

Back