Hood Lettering | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have the original plastic hood letter that i removed from my 2013 Sport for sale.

Just picked up my Sport on Thursday and removed them Saturday.

$40 via paypal. please PM me

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the original plastic hood letter that i removed from my 2013 Sport for sale.

PM'd you clayjo

I wish to remove mine also when I get my new Explorer. How do they come off?

ill be removing mine shortly as well. please pm me if anyone is interested.

Guys I have seen some links out there with crazy prices for these, Be sure NOT to overpay for this great mod.

We offer most of the Sport Package Appearance items on our site and add more every day, Heres a few

Please let me know if I can assist with any other parts

-Benny

(dead link)

Cool! I saw this on an Interceptor a little while ago and was meaning to add this to our site. We will be able to offer it for less.

-Benny

Cool! I saw this on an Interceptor a little while ago and was meaning to add this to our site. We will be able to offer it for less.

-Benny

Is this available yet? Definitely want to do this mod this spring since our stock explorer emblem is crooked anyway.

Benny- can you you reverse the lettering so it's legible in a rear view?

Benny- can you you reverse the lettering so it's legible in a rear view?

That would be neat, Sure you could peel each one off and install them individually but there not offered like that. You would need to use some masking tape and mark the end points so you have some guide.

-Benny

image_zps86590072.jpg

My Explorer lettering came off very easy. Used fishing line to "floss" behind the letters. That left the foam tape on the hood. Just peeled those off. Picked a corner on each letter and they peeled right off like tape. Took about 15 minutes to take them off and clean the hood. The install of the interceptor letters was easy as well. Centered the template and then installed the letters. Took 35 minutes to remove and install the new ones.

That looks good on the white SPORT....now you need the grill!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Explorer lettering came off very easy. Used fishing line to "floss" behind the letters. That left the foam tape on the hood. Just peeled those off. Picked a corner on each letter and they peeled right off like tape. Took about 15 minutes to take them off and clean the hood. The install of the interceptor letters was easy as well. Centered the template and then installed the letters. Took 35 minutes to remove and install the new ones.

looks very clean and mean. If only the whole alphabet was an option in the Explorer font. I'm sure it would bring personalizing to a new level.

Back