Hood Lettering | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No they are the same colour on all the sports. Brownish colour. Not silver.

My lettering is silver or a gray. Not brownish, nowhere near brownish, not even close to a brown. Do you have a black sport? No! So you know for sure they are brown.

image_zps4ca10e19.jpg

Good for you. You own a sport. I just ordered the OEM letters. They're not silver buds. Nor gray. Take a closer look.

The letters on my Silver Sport are matte Black. Here's a pic.

DSC_0159.png

I understand. The silver,white,and red have black lettering. The black sports have silver lettering.

@bronkenstrut. I don't see what your point is. Why should I take a better look when you are clearly WRONG. All sports do not come with a brownish looking lettering as you claim. Grow up, be a man and get over it. Did you get your wanna be badges yet!?

Look at the pictures provided broken and you will clearly see, some lettering is black and some lettering are silver. Depends on your sports color. Just cause you ordered OEM sport letting doesn't mean all sports have the same color lettering. And zero are brown!

Ohhhhhh.

Just for clarification. There is only one colour. If you look at them closely they are a grayish black colour. If you look closely at the pics it's the same colour. Out.

Mine are spread out more like the SEMA style. The sport style looks crappy and cramped up IMO.

It also separates my fully loaded Ltd from the Sport as does my Ltd Sport badge on the back LOL.

Hi broken, I also ordered the lettering from levittownfordsupercenter and I have yet to open the box when I get back from work. Do you mind posting a picture? Besides the color, I also get the impression from your post that the installation is different from the factory. Aren't the lettering already on a sticker guide for easy application (sort of like the a double sided tape)?

Hmmm...now I wonder what color I'll get - matte black or gun metal (silver). Thanks in advance!

the lettering is already on a sticker guide for easy application

I spread mine out. Didn't like them close together like the sport lettering. I did it like the SEMA ones. Looks awesome.

By the way. The letters are all the same colour. It's just looks a little lighter against the black and darker against the white. For obvious reasons.

Just checked it out here at the dealership. I'm right.

Thanks broken!

Can't wait to put em on! Now to find a set of running boards...

just looked at mine up close and used very bright whitelight on it.
no way in hell are they brownish..
It is a metallic black and the the metallic gives a grayish color under certain light conditions
but whatever

just looked at mine up close and used very bright whitelight on it.
no way in hell are they brownish..
It is a metallic black and the the metallic gives a grayish color under certain light conditions
but whatever

You are correct ( you have a black sport). I believe the other sport use a flat black matte letter. If you look at any pictures you can see a difference.
I also believe brokenstrut is color blind and is just trying to get a stir out of a few ppl. He didn't go to a dealership and compare, I even doubt he ordered lettering. He hasn't put up any pictures but he is quick to respond saying the sports look like crap. Acting like a little child!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll post up my pics.

Signed
Mr. Baby Head

Back