• Register Today It's free!

Hood Scoop for X sport

sorensen_dhr

Reaction score
City, State
bracebridge
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 X sport
I am looking for a hood scoop for my 98 X sport but the only one i could find is the cheezy looking lund one. Do you guys have any ideas as to what to do?? I've seen some mustang looking ones, but where can i find those or if anyone has pics of there X with a scoop, please post it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Use the search function and look for "shaker hood". Also check out another member my the name of "Troll", he has the mustang cobra hoods for sale.

actually i thought the lund ones looked pretty nice, just my opinion, although i'm usually pretty picky and i liked it. they're not that expensive either.

I've though about using the scoop from a 2001 Mustange GT. You can get them on ebay. I've seen one on an F-150 and that Ranger Thunder Bolt has one too. It looks good and A hell of a lot cheeper than that shaker hood. But I do like it too. Decisions, decisions.

For my scoops I just went and bought the Lund fake scoops from JC Whittney and cut the fronts out Jig-Sawed my hood and Now have fully functional Hood Scoops... not sure if ya want to cut your hood apart like I did but its an option.. Check my X to see the scoops

my hood

Hey guys whats up , If you wondering about the 2001 Mustang Hood scoop working on an X hood your answer is 100% yes it does, you can also make it active fairly easy. Check mine out let me know how you like it,

the link is on my signature

NIck

how hard was it to make the mustang gt hood scoop fit? Does the curvature line up pretty good. I suppose it owuldnt be too hard to use some bondo and blend it in good and maybe if i felt really crazy make it functional. How much did you end up spending total after the scoop, paint, and installation? it looks really good on your X. thanks

hood scoop

Whats up the hood scoop lines up PERFECT amazingly. I had them fiberglass it in and it is also attached with 12 studs directly into the hood. So it's not going anywhere, as far as making it functional it wouldn't be hard at all it is directly over the throttle body. After everything i spent about 600 bucks for the custom work , paint , and scoop. Goodluck

thanks

nick

who makes a shacker hood for like a 2001 Sport

I finally found one from an 83 Mustang that I'm going to be putting on. It kinda looks like the EE hood blister that is on their green Explorer X. I think there are 6 studs that I will have to bolt through my hood. Timestandstil... Did you use anything special on the holes to make them nice and clean? I was thinking that I would drill them, then paint them lightly with my touchup paint and coat the studs in silicon to keep any rust from forming.

What about 1st gen X's ?

Hey Bud, would you happen to know if that Mustang GT hood would fit on firt generation X's..? I have a 1994 XLT. Thanks.

I think the 1st gens have a raised center strip that goes from the front to the back if I remember correctly. That kinda makes it impossible to put a scoop for a flat hood on it. Your best bet is to do something custom.

there are people with 1st gens with hood scoops, but the only kind i've seen are the lund stick on scoops. The guy with the green X with 20's made his scoops functional and everything, but i cant remember his name for soem reason.

So the GT hood fits pefrect like the stock hood, ...? Any custom work needed excluding paint?

Not the hood. The entire hood will not fit. Its the hood scoop that was molded into the hood.

oh damn i feel dumb, well um yeh :D I want one ! :cool:

You guys should chk out www.cervinis.com for any custom hood scoop you might want.

Well, I got my scoop. Its not painted or installed yet, but I got it. Check out my cardomain page to see pics of it. Link is in my sig.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back