Hood Scoop Pics Wanted | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hood Scoop Pics Wanted

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I like the Explorer Express hood scoop and want to buy one, but their site has ****ty pics of it only from one angle. Anyone on the site with the scoop on their truck have any good pics from a few angles?

Also, I think a few months ago I read they EE was slow on shipping. Have they cleared up their problem or are they still slow? - Beau

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BeauJ said:
I like the Explorer Express hood scoop and want to buy one, but their site has ****ty pics of it only from one angle. Anyone on the site with the scoop on their truck have any good pics from a few angles?

Also, I think a few months ago I read they EE was slow on shipping. Have they cleared up their problem or are they still slow? - Beau
EE just dropships the scoops from another vendor, had no problems with mine other than the template is way off, you need to do alot of carefull measuring.
I drilled and bolted, some have just taped, your call, plan about 3 hrs to do the entire project, you have one chance and one only to stick the puppy on, you need to lay all out with masking tape lines, be happy to help if I can, have done 3, all have been a PITA

Attachments

• Mvc-023s.jpg
    Mvc-023s.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,307
  • Mvc-024s.jpg
    Mvc-024s.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,295

Preciate the pics/info Spindle. Looks nice. I'll end up buying one in the next few weeks.

CDW: That hood is badass. That truck is too. It would be one hell of a custom job and look damn good in the end. Yea, I saw Riz's truck, that's what made me make my decision on the hood scoop :D

I spoke with a vender for the hood. It is only made for three vehicles, and supposedly won't be built for anything alse. So buying that hood for $500, and cutting it up, would be an expensive project.

Do you have a rear wing? The Explorer Express rear wing isn't going to be made, but a member on the other forum is asking for commitments for buying wings that are close to the EE version. Have you seen that also. Regards,

I say go for the Lund Windjammer and get it painted. Looks good, and relativly cheap.

Jefe said:
I've also got the EE Hood scoop. But to be different I put it on backwards. :p
I was going to do that, but my laser guided, turret mounted paintball gun under the Hoodscoop would not have worked :p

Attachments

• Mvc-023s.jpg
    Mvc-023s.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,157

I found this one the other day. I know...I'm weird, but I like the look.

Brian_B said:
I found this one the other day. I know...I'm weird, but I like the look.

I'm following this thread. How about price? where to get?

I will have to look again. I saved the pics, but forgot to bookmark it. DUH!!! :(

That is a different size of many older musclecar scoops. The 60's GTO's, etc. had a tiny one, and the 72 Ford Gran Torino Sport had a larger version of that. Regards,

I posted the only pic I had of my 72 gran torino sport in another thread a while back. It had a pretty goos size scoop.

I have a 73 Ranchero, with a 72 Sport front end on it. I sure wish I had time to work on it.

laser guided paint ball gun under the hud scoop man we have hit a new level of road rage less than lethal road rage that would make a realy cool game of tag too

Back