How long does it take to fix SMR?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How long does it take to fix SMR??

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Rebecca, normally I wouldn't take this to a public forum but the lack of responses is very frustrating. I can't upgrade my MFT to the new temp version because I can't confirm my update even though it tells me that it's confirmed on SMR when I do the whole USB stick update. My timeline:

10/3 or 10/4 - PM'd you regarding SMR showing 2.11 even though I had the first 3.X version.

10/5 - received reply asking what my version is showing

10/5 - Replied back to you my current version

10/5 - Replied back to me that you have someone investigating it.

10/15 - Initiated update PM

10/16 - You replied that you would send another email on this issue.

This is now the last time I have heard from you despite a PM at the beginning of Nov for another update as well as another Pm on Nov 16th for an update. Neither of these PM's have gone answered and it has now been almost 2 months (again, have not heard from you since 10/16) and I'm still showing 2.11 on SMR.

Normally I like to keep it between PM's but the lack of responses back as a Ford only family is not the way I think I/we should be treated. I have seen you post on here as recent as 11/23 so I'm not sure why I haven't had any responses.

I'd greatly appreciate a response back via publicly or PM with an update and expected timeframe that this will be fixed.

Thanks

Rebecca, normally I wouldn't take this to a public forum but the lack of responses is very frustrating. I can't upgrade my MFT to the new temp version because I can't confirm my update even though it tells me that it's confirmed on SMR when I do the whole USB stick update. My timeline:

10/3 or 10/4 - PM'd you regarding SMR showing 2.11 even though I had the first 3.X version.

10/5 - received reply asking what my version is showing

10/5 - Replied back to you my current version

10/5 - Replied back to me that you have someone investigating it.

10/15 - Initiated update PM

10/16 - You replied that you would send another email on this issue.

This is now the last time I have heard from you despite a PM at the beginning of Nov for another update as well as another Pm on Nov 16th for an update. Neither of these PM's have gone answered and it has now been almost 2 months (again, have not heard from you since 10/16) and I'm still showing 2.11 on SMR.

Normally I like to keep it between PM's but the lack of responses back as a Ford only family is not the way I think I/we should be treated. I have seen you post on here as recent as 11/23 so I'm not sure why I haven't had any responses.

I'd greatly appreciate a response back via publicly or PM with an update and expected timeframe that this will be fixed.

Thanks

I must not have hit send after replying on the 20th, blwnsmoke. The department that handles this is still looking into it; I, unfortunately, do not have an ETA. If you'd like, you can make an appointment with your dealer to have the APIM read so all systems will reflect which version you are on, and can also have them perform the latest update while you're there. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you!

Rebecca

Back