How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

Well, my 97 Sport body has 160K (which the 4.0V6 only wasted due to hydrolock then siezed), the motor in it now (97 V8) had 287k on it, then we rebuilt it, which everything but the main(crank) bearings where still good. It's got about 3k on the motor now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 97 has and I was just looking at it last night and thought " Dang! it has that much on it!"
she just turned 99000

183k, still runs great.

172,x..

mine has 164,6xx

Mine just hit 130k

96 Explorer Sport: 209,000 with original clutch and waterpump..........

nearly 232k miles. orig 4r55e trans, tcase needs rear output shaft rebuilt, and need to rebuild frontend.

'95 XLT 308,000 and change. Rear end howl, front left cylinder head coolant leak, ("repaired" with sealer). Runs strong, sometime rough idle. This was my first EX. Today, I made a deal for a 2000 XLT in excellent condition for $1850. It has 179,000 miles on it. It's coming from the second owner who got it from his cousin. All receipts/paperwork since new are with it. Has had no major issues, (noticed rear wiper motor not working). The dog loves his explorers, and they work so far for me. :)
If this one makes it to 300k, it will probably be my last vehicle.....:cool:

142.....ish lost count after the odo went BOOM, well snap

'97 xlt 4.0 SOHC

rebuilt tranny

I'm glad I looked at this thread, some high miles here, good to hear!

going to purchase a 98 XLT with the 4.0, 214,000 miles. Runs great, some oil on the lower front of the motor, but it runs strong with no noises of any sort when shifting through the gears (auto trans).

No paperwork, but seller said it had a rebuilt engine and transmission just before he bought it, 80,000 miles ago. I'm leaning on taking him for his word, it runs well and I can tell he doesn't make his money by selling crap cars.

Encouraging to hear the high miles on this thread, this truck will be my 2-3 day per week driver for a year or two and then hope to keep it around and keep it for a camping truckster.

just got my 1995 EB with 313,000 km on it, so I guess about 195,000ish miles. Had to replace my alternator but keeping my fingers crossed about everything else.

97 XLT SOHC...136k
Runs great. Neglected it for about 2 or 3 years. Only fixed stuff that actually broke.
Had it since '04, did all ball joints, an end link, brakes w/rotors, alternator, batt, shocks, and prob a few other odds and ends. Just got all new rubber this week, and finished doing front brakes and rotors(again) 20 minutes ago. Drives almost like new now.
Got a punch list of "to do" things to really bring it back up to snuff mechanically. Cosmetically she's near mint in and out. Awesome vehicles when you really think about it.

225K and change on my '00...I've only had it for about six months now, runs well, will need a few things (rear brakes, clutch, tires) sometime soon, but so far so good - knock wood - no warning lights, error codes or major rust...

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got 124,091 on my 01 sport and shes currently down.

Back