How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

148 K on mine. Small oil leak (more like an oil drip), but other than that no engine or trans problems. (just replaced the lower ball joints as well)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine's an update, its now got 283,000 miles on it. It just keeps on rolling.

154,x.. and going strong. Besides engine deciding when it wants to run smooth, or rough. ALL ORIGINAL MILES. original suspension (fixing that in the next few weeks) and the lack of heat.... (just bought it, it was an arizona truck, now living in New York. Coming up to its first winter EVER. Doing a full undercoat on it, and sealing it ALL.) '95 Ford Explorer xl, 4x4, 4 door. White, chromed, chrome wheels. Tinted glass. Raised 2 inches. Beast tires. (getting offroad mods in the coming months)

206k on my 96 and still running strong, except it needs a new clutch

254k miles! JUST replaced the trans about 8k miles ago! has swiss cheese for rocker panels, but past that the truck is a horse and im hoping for another 250k more miles

157k miles all stock 00 eddie bauer v8 awd.

my 96 has 206k but the previous owners never took care of it so i am

157,000 but it's running lean on both sides :(

1997 XLT 5.0 2wd :exp:

198864 miles

how many miles on your explorer?

lets see how long these explorers will last..im running on 234k...eeks:D

147,000 km.

My '00 is just over 121k. Made it through my cousin and the original owner who both had it up north in the snow most of the time. It's still going strong. I hope it likes the heat it's been in here in Florida :)

149,500 with original engine/trans and its been to hell and back :D
Only major problems is upper intake gaskets, pinion seal, and a super slow head gasket leak (fixed with $10 barrs stop leak).
97 xlt 4.0 ohv, 2wd. Tows and goes offroad every week :thumbsup:

205,x.. miles! Still running strong! Did replace the transmission at 165K. Other than that, I take real good care of it! Heres to 300k! i hope ;)

175k mi. and some change on the '01

210K, but needing some TLC, which is nothing out of the ordinary.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About to roll over 86k on my pearl limited 00' 5.0 only had it for the last month and loving every day

Back