How Rare Is My 91 Eddie Bauer Explorer 5 speed? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How Rare Is My 91 Eddie Bauer Explorer 5 speed?

I've seen two Eddie's with a manual. I've heard there are some '02 four doors with a manual. I have never seen one though. They've got to be rather rare as well.

Yup, I've never seen one in person (maybe I have I don't remember) but I've seen pictures of a few.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What console do they get?

they have a full length console

We were just at the wrecking yard here and that was all they seemed to have. 1991 and 1992 Eddie Bauer with the 5 speed. Makes me want to go get the one they brought in while we were there, complete Ex 1991 Eddie Bauer 5 speed.

I thought mine was rare before reading this thread, it being a 4-door XLT 5-speed that's completely loaded with every single option except an automatic transmission. Automatics are usually one of the only options on a stripped down truck.

I used to have a '91 EB with a manual tranny.... till some drunk gladly sent her to her death on new years morning (hit head on and totaled while parked).... if there is a happy ending to the situation we paid $500 bucks for it and got a $4000 dollar check from the guys insurance company for it.;);)

Now, we have a '92 XL that seems to need EVERYTHING replaced!:p:

I was just curious b\c I've never seen any manuals ln my area except 2 green 2 door ones and people don't believe it's a stick. In fact, as I stated before, the mechanic I had install the Centforce clutch/new slave unit, said he's never seen a stick at all and the shop owner actually came out to see it b/c he didn't believe it was a stick! It's a real Eddie Bauer, has all the plastic trim and the Eddie Bauer name on the front buckets (75/25 folding rear seat), it's a 5 spd with manual locking hubs and it has A/C, PB, PS, PW, tilt steering wheel. From what I read about problems with the Auto hubs, I'm better off with the manuals. It has the tinted crank open moonroof and the plug in engine heater; I've used it in the colder winter months, great for those cold early morning starts, get full heat/defrosters in about 4 minutes, engine runs real smooth, makes for a comfortable drive to work. It is Dark Red with tan vinyl/leatherette interior and the plastic and lower part of the vehicle has the tan paint/trim treatment. It has tinted glass on the rear door smaller fixed glass panels. It's still all original with the exception of the added James Duff radius arms and the almost 3" lift. I have 33k on the Centerforce clutch, it's much better than the stock unit but a little harder on the pedal until you get used to it. I would like to keep it forever, but I don't have a garage space to store or rebuild it and at some point I'll have to sell it when I get a new vehicle.

He had never seen a stick because only people with Automatics ever have go to the tranny shops :D
All 3 of my vehicles are 5 speeds and it's going to stay that way.

There is a secret paper fixed below the carpet under the passenger side. It's a computer print out of what is installed on the vehicle as it rolled down the assembly line. Check this out to see if everything you have is on the paper. You may have to remove the passenger seat to get to it.

There is a secret paper fixed below the carpet under the passenger side. It's a computer print out of what is installed on the vehicle as it rolled down the assembly line. Check this out to see if everything you have is on the paper. You may have to remove the passenger seat to get to it.

Hey Thanks, As soon as I can I'll check this out...

I have a '91 5-speed...

Just got it from my Dad and it is a 4-door with cruse and a 5-speed. I don't think its an XLT because it has no rear defroster or wiper, but it does have PW and PL.
It has over 213000 miles on it and still runs strong. Motor has never been touched but I think this is the 2nd transmission.

The thing that I like about this one is that it is White with red interior I also have a set of 1998 16" wheels on it.

91 Explorer XL standard.

I have a 1991 Ford Explorer XL factory built 04/1990. My vehicle is standard with sun roof and factory installed fiberglass foot boards, and all the options. She now as 332000 klicks on her and still going strong. No rust and "no collapsed rear spring shakles". This year she get's collectors plates in Canada.

Since this thread was pulled back up, I figured I had to mention this.

I've got a 94 limited and its STICK!! :burnout:

No, It didnt come that way. :D

The manual trans was optional in all trim levels until the introdution of the limited model in 93. All trucks are wired for a manual trasmission except for the limited, it is its own beast.

My 94 eddie has a 5 speed but, only because i built it that way. I however used all ford parts to do it and everything plugs together.

Eddie Bauer models with manuals most likely were special ordered that way by the customer. The "Eddie Bauer" preferred package included the automatic but the manual could be substituted. And since all the vehicles on the dealer lot are dealer ordered, they are going to order what sells and manuals do not sell well to the general public.

Back