how to change the colour of your gauge lights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how to change the colour of your gauge lights

well finally here are some pics, i promise they dont look as light as they show in the pics, my camera is just crappy at taking pics of lighting and whatnot.
they actually show up a nice dark red.

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

rear defrost button.
IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

and one with the dome light on to show how the needles look compared to stock.
IMG_0349.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Real nice contrast, looks sweet:thumbsup:

Those came out real well. I was going to do the same thing myself, only to make mine a more pleasant green than that awful shade they are now.

Question, did you color your needles too or color some area in back and they just appear red from the lighting?

i colored my needles as well on the tops bottoms( under where they are white ) and the sides
and thank you, they perfectly match the color of my cd player now lol

Yea that looks awesome, thanks for the pics really keen to get mine done now! Blue to go with my interior and radio!

Wow man that looks amazing! And someone needs to check theyre oil pressure ;)

Im gonna have to try that when I get my new cluster (Ill try it on the old first :D)

Wow man that looks amazing! And someone needs to check theyre oil pressure ;)

Im gonna have to try that when I get my new cluster (Ill try it on the old first :D)

i think someone needs to just check there oil period

Must be that time of the month.

my oil level is perfect, for some reason my check oil light never goes out, has been like that since i bought the truck.
I figure its a sensor but im to lazy to deal with it lol
and as for the gauge when i warned u not to break off the little pin that keeps your needle from doing 360's well i know that cause i learned the hard way and now have a oil gauge that reads somewhere in outer space lol

good job. id love to see some pix! was thinkin bout putting RGB Leds into the cluster but that would be an epic build

Very good write up and they turned out very nice:thumbsup:

Back