how to disable headlamp flash when locked with fob on a 97 explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how to disable headlamp flash when locked with fob on a 97 explorer?

jr_96

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 ford explorer XLT
How can i disable the headlamps from flashing when i hit the lock button twice on the remote. i have a 1997 ford explorer xlt, i just recently put HID's on and do not wanna have the bulbs blow do to the headlamp flash, granted i could just push the button once but when i'm in sketchy places i feel the need for people to know i have an alarm so i press it the second time for the chirp and flash of the headlamps and parking lamps. any wire i could remove or cut to make the headlamps not flash?

Just cut the wire that goes to the headlamps from the stock alarm.

I believe you can do this at the RAP module at the back of the truck. Which wire it is, I'm not sure..

Okay i tried looking for the wire at the harness where the light plugs into and there is a green wire, green with black stripe and a black wire(ground), i believe when i tested it with a volt meter the wire was the exact wire that turns at the switch as well so if i cut that wire ill lose my headlamps all together, ill test the RAP module this weekend

Back