• Register Today It's free!

How to program new alarm remote

dvldoc

Reaction score
City, State
GUAM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 EXPLORER/EXPEDITION
My vehicle did not come with the keyfob remote but i do have the door buttons to unlock it. So should I have remote keyless as well?

If so how do i get a unit programed to work with it. Or should I just get a after market unit for the vehicle.

Oh yeah vehicle was imported from japan to Guam it is a explorer/expedition
Image015.jpg

here's how i did mine: (assuming you have a factory keyless entry system in there and you're just missing the key fob remote)

1. Sit in car, doors closed. Electronically unlock all doors using the power door unlock switch on the driver's door.
2. Insert key into ignition switch and turn from OFF to ON 8 times within 10 seconds with the 8th time ending in the ON position. (5 times on some models)
3. When you've done step 2 successfully, the doors should lock and unlock by themselves to signal programming mode.
4. Using your remote: lock the doors

btw, i bought an extra key fob from ebay.. cheapest place to get it.. Hope this helps!!

Thanks that helps out alot.

The only thing I would add to that is if you get two fobs program both one after the other before you turn the key to the off position.

My X is an expedition, which I was told by some wasn't a X.LOL It is the short wheel base two door X and is pretty well loaded with all the goodie's. I suspect you do have the ability to use the fobs, at least mine does.

Back