• Register Today It's free!

How to wire up tweeters

Metallic2001

Reaction score
City, State
charleston, sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer limited 4x4
I have a 94 explorer and I want to install some tweeters. My question is, do I wire the tweeters to the door speakers or somewhere else? Thanks for the info.

Marshall

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get a component set with crossovers, mids, and tweets to replace your stock coaxial door speakers.

I have wondered that also.
Can you just tie the wires into the speaker wires in the doors for a seperate set of tweeters?

Hmmm...sounds interesting. Can I just tap into my stock speaker wires?? I'm not really worried about the bass since my stock JBL system already have a crossover built in so the only bass I get is straight from the sub instead of the door speakers.

You need to get some that come with crossovers or get crossovers. The tweeter wires into the crossover and then you can tap the other end of the crossover into the door speaker wires.

But mine came with a stock crossover already. My system's door speakers don't produce any bass at all. The only speaker that produces bass is the stock sub in the back. Do you mean that I still have to install crossovers with the tweeters?

If you wire tweeters directly to another speaker you and changing the impedence load on the amplifier, not good.
You cannot just wire tweeters in on all the speakers, not unless the amp or deck han handle the ohm load.
You dont have to have a crossover for a tweeter, you can use a capacitor to remove all the low and mid freiquencies, but it is best just to replace your stock speakers with some co axial or components as mentioned above. Otherwise like I said you will destroy the amp or deck or both.....

Back