I don't wanna hear it... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I don't wanna hear it...

All of you that remember me, will know that I'm not a big fan of BFGoodrich tires. However, there are times in ones life that new things must be tried in order to satisfy - or in this case prove, if only to yourself - that sometimes we base our opinions on insufficient data, or sometimes baseless reasonings. I just bought a set of BFG's (31x10.5x15, All-terrain ATs) for my wife's Explorer.

NOW, DON'T CHASTISE ME!!!

I have this new commandment in my life: "DO NOT base opinions on hearsay or conjecture..."
So for this new way of thinking that I've instilled in my life, I had to go with the best option (for the Money): BFG's.

Just so you know: I got a set of 4 for $540 at Sam's Club, installed with roadhazzard; this was against Michellin LTX AT's at $645, and Goodyear ATD2's at ~$500. I'm hoping for the best...

They sure look good on that Explorer... I had to get out the sawzall in order to keep them from rubbing in the front fenderwell, but you would never know to look.

Have you done any suspension modifications like a TT or is your suspension completely stock? Is there any unexpected road noise from the bigger tires or are they fairly quite?

Back