I got a ticket! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I got a ticket!

please, don't ***** when the cops are doing their job, sometimes they do. I'll listen when you get pulled over for doing 45 in a 50, like I did, or get a bogus careless ticket because the locker chirped the tires coming out of a parking lot, like Namitey

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol this is funny i love the way kiddies all think they the only ones got the right to use the road . One thing about the speed cameras here they are totally indiscriminate you speed they send you a ticket they have clamped down on the children driving here. for people who love statistics people under 21 make about 12% of road users and 40% of road fatalitys.

Hey! I'm 20 and I don't speed a bit. I've been rear-ended at a speed light (she was 44) and side swiped by a red-light runner, whom was 52 years old. Not all young drivers are poor.
I agree with you guys, cops work hard and there are speed limits for a reason. There's no reason to bash them for enforcing the laws.
Chew- I'm sorry that happened, that still sucks. I would tell my dad because if he found out, which they always seem to ;) , then he will be far more angry as opposed to if you told him now. At least your X can do 90 :D !
GaSouthern- you were riding someone's @ss at 60mph...yikes! :eek:

Well, I got a ticket back when I was a senior in high school. I think it was Monday before Thanksgiving in 1999. Anyways...I got a ticket going 64 in a 45. The cop told me that he clocked me going 75 but he was very very nice. I accepted the ticket and thanked him.

When I got home, I told my parents immediately because they'll eventually know anyway. It's no surprise that my parents were very upset at me. Actually, I still remember what my dad said to me. It was "We're going to the insurance company and take your name off my policy tomorrow morning." I was devestated. I let that sink in and talked to him later that night. I literally begged him not to do it. I promised him that I won't speed and stuff. Well...I haven't gotten a ticket since. After $300 for the attorney, my record is still clean and no points added on my insurance.

So moral of the story, tell your parents. They'll find out either way. I know a few weeks before the trial, attorneys send out advertisements in the mail. They'll say something like "We have indicated that you received a speeding ticket..." or some BS like that. Unless if they don't read mails, they will find out. It's better to tell them now than find out by themselves later.

Oops...a little too long. Sorry.

my first ticket was 40 in a 25, but (and i know this is my own fault) i really thought the speed limit was 35...and i got another one for "crossing a divided highway" which is crossing the median on the interstate where it says "authorized vehicles only"...well if anybody else has been up north in maine you know that exits are few and far between, sometimes you just need to do things i guess and live with the consequences instead of traveling 40 miles out of my way...

and on the cop thing, give me a break, i'm going to school next fall to be one..... :D

Re: Stupid People and Cops

Originally posted by holze4u
I hate that. Thats BS, gettin a ticket for speeding. I mean ya, sure some people out there cant handle speed. But others, such as myself feel very comfortable travelin at such "warp" speeds, and find it BS, that we get fined. Also, there are some real MORONS on the road.

kids...:rolleyes:

Ya it is BS for getting a ticket when you did something wrong...:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to cut you down, but come on, what a stupid comment! Man, even when I was in my teens (I'm 30 now) I never drove like a retard. Sure I got tickets, who didn't, but I never got mad at the cops for keeping the roads safe.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by DaHeinah
GaSouthern- you were riding someone's @ss at 60mph...yikes! :eek:

no way...did i say that?...maybe my post made it seem like it

Re: Stupid People and Cops

Originally posted by holze4u
And he did all of this while i was goin 60mph right at his ass.

You know what? I hate drivers like you! You are the kind of driver that gets innocent people killed. And try riding my a$$ at 60 mph, I'll be happy to give you a little brake check and see how you like it :mad:

yea, i only hate it when cops do stupid stuff...like pull you over for NO REASON!!! seriously, i did absolutely nothing wrong, but then again no ticket, just pisses me off when they descriminate like that (im 18)

Originally posted by Muskrat
I'll listen when you get pulled over for doing 45 in a 50, like I did

How does that work?

and on the cop thing, give me a break, i'm going to school next fall to be one.....

GOOD! so am I!. ive found it a little bit hard to stay motivated reading all of the cop bashing threads that go on in here. (explorerforum in general) usually i make a long, boring reply and use some of the stuff i learned in school to make the person bashing the cops look like a jackass, but holz4u's statements arent even worth my time. good luck AintNoFantasy!

I THINK THAT SHOULD SAY SOME KIDS......... ;)

Ya know Chew you are very lucky.
You cold of gotten fleeing and eluding ( sp?)
and much more.

As far as being good at driveing warp speed.

Maybe you are, but think about cars that break down in the road, kids, dogs, deer, road kill, truck tire treads, pedsetrians, lost people, bad drivers, your tire blowing out, cars going slower than you, trash in the road, the list goes on and on. You can not predict what is going to hapen in front of you. The faster you go the less time you have to react.
A friend of mine killed a kid three weeks after she got her drivers licens. She has been messed up ever since.
Just cause you CAN drive fast, doesn't mean you should.
Think about the other guy.

Originally posted by MONMIX
Just cause you CAN drive fast, doesn't mean you should.
Think about the other guy.

I totally agree. The erogant people that are like "i can handle speed" "i am an awesome driver" are the first to go. Attitudes like that get you killed, more importantly they get others killed. I would like to know how old the starter of this thread is...i would venture to say b/t 16-20. I am 20 and I would NEVER dream of driving my X like a race car...it will bite you in the ass if you arent careful, these trucks in general CANNOT be driven like that.

yea im 19, i know that my x shouldnt be driven that fast. I normally dont drive that fast.

Most people on that road drives 85 along with me except in a few spots. I have driven that road about 25 times in the past 6 months. So I know where to slow down, and most of the cop spots. But that cop found a new place. The streach that i was driving at whats flat with a slight turn in the road. Maybe i drive so fast because im freaking bored, and it makes me stay awake. But like GaSouthern said Im prolly just saying "I can handle the speed" and that "Im a awesome driver".

I was not referring to you at all...i was talkin about that guy that thought that cops were bad for pullin him over...doin 85 on a highway is not uncommon at all, and on some highways may be almost required to keep up in the 2 left lanes ya know.

My thread sounded kinda negative, but it really wasnt supposed to be.

yeah, i know. we werent dissin on you, we were complaining about the other kid's idiotic comments. i mean, just cause im invincible on the roads doesnt mean he is to!

Chew... are you saying that you drive fast because it helps you stay awake? IMHO if your falling asleep at ANY speed you shouldn't be driving at all...

I'm 18 right now, and basically to keep myself out of trouble I play the gas mileage game, which includes the trip computer and me feathering the throttle while staying the speedlimit. WOW what a difference in gas usage since before I got pulled over last year. (a loooong story, and it ends up with a very nice cop and no ticket). So in the end, if you are having trouble driving the speed limit I recommend a little competition with yourself to see how high you can get the miles per tank. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oops! Need to make a quick edit-
Holez4u- You shouldn't be riding someone's tail at 60 mph!!!!!
GaSouthern- That comment was not directed for you, I just had a senior moment (I'm 20 ;) )
Sorry about that!!!
Greg

Back