• Register Today It's free!

I need a 99 Explorer PATS fix.

sesrgulledge

Reaction score
City, State
dallas texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 xlt
my 99 explorer has had a steering column transplant prior to loosing keys the truck ran great, after destroying the column cause a screwdriver wouldn't start the truck,I bought it in the hopes of a easy fix. I don't care if the pats works as long as the thing will run, is there a non pats computer i can install the keys were made by a lock smith and supposed to be programmed to the computer but when using a scan-tool the test comes back no signal from pats module I am without a work vehicle and soon to be out of business if i don't do something drastic all suggestions will be appreciated, thanks for your support

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can get a custom tune which will eliminate PATS.

Is there a possability that you might know some where locally I live in dallas tx,

A tune requires a SCT tuner.. Unfortunately I don't think any of our vendors are in TX.. Another option is to get a OBDII scanner/programmer with the capabilities to turn PATS off but those are start at close to $400 with the added capabilities. Bets bet maybe take it to the dealer to have the computer flashed.

i.ve got a snappon solus pro scanner and last night i really gave it hell tyiing to find the reason things arent jiveing it said the pcm need to be reinitialized, Any thoughts on how to do that, I have had no luck figureing how to do that with this scanner and i spent hours going through the manuals

i.ve got a snappon solus pro scanner and last night i really gave it hell tyiing to find the reason things arent jiveing it said the pcm need to be reinitialized, Any thoughts on how to do that, I have had no luck figureing how to do that with this scanner and i spent hours going through the manuals

I have no clue how to help you, other than a BUMP up the list. Maybe someone thats knows something is online now. :salute:

Dunno but anytime the OBDII scanner won't connect with a vehicle its usually a issue that can only be resolved by sending it to a dealer for them to throw a stock config on the computer.

doe's any one have any idea if all the 99 explorer's came with pats standard or was it a option, or could it be opted out from the truck new

all 98-present explorers come standard with pats.

Getting another pats module & pcm is not gonna work cause you still need a key coded to that module. Your best bet is to see if you can find a used SCT tuner and get a custom tune with the PATS turned off or try another locksmith.

the scanner said the module wasn't getting a signal i all ready have two new keys cut and figured if i could get a good pcm and module then i call the locksmith again,how much would a sct tuner cost,new vs.used i was hoping some one would have a oem lieing around that all ready put in a sct tuner and didn't need the old stuff any more

i found a 97 with the same motor tranny set up as mine but no pats transceiver under the column. if i go get it what do i do with the pats module that is on my truck and do i need the harness as well, my dash is all most totally dismantled any way?

Back