I need seat help quick

thewishkah

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xlt
Ok so im on ebay motors looking at new/used seats for my exp xlt 94 and i know 91-01 seats will bolt right in but i dont have power seats is there preexisting wiring in my truck by any chance or would i need to run all new wiring

I don't beleive there is wiring in place for power seats but as long as you have the tracks controls etc it's pretty easy to wire them in. And 91-01 seats arent all interchangable, 91-92 have thier own brackets, i beleive 93-97 are all the same but in 98 the seats and tracks were redesigned, i however don't know if the tracks will bolt up. I do know 91-92 tracks are different and to swap seats in those years you need to do a little fabbing.

well i have a 94 xlt and found seats from a 98 really nice so i was just curious cause my seats are shot

Yes they will bolt right in, I just did it in mine. There is a harness for them but im pretty sure it only goes from the fuse box to the firewall. I found it easiear to run a 10 guage wire with a inline fuse firectly from the battery to the seats. There is a big rubber groumet in the firewall on pass. side just drill a hole thru that to run you wire thru.

Back