• Register Today It's free!

I need some help.

brodie hynd

Reaction score
City, State
roswell georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
I got a 99 4x4 4dr and i wna to put on a 3in body. But how do i remove the old spacers that run along the side of the car. The ones in the front have a bolt to un screw but the ones that run underneath the doors on both sides dont seem to have bolt or ne thing i can get a wrench on. If i undo the front and rear then the truck will they just slide of. I cant figure this one out please help. Splasman if you read this. I wan to to exactly what you did to your rig. thans happy trails.

hello Friend , the bottom part of the spacers are threaded the bolts screw in to them from the bottom of the inside of you body.

You don't remove these. The front ones you are right the bolt comes down from the bottom. But guess what the others are from the inside! You get to pull carpet out of your way! You should be able to do this without takong out seats or anything, by just pulling the carpet back.

Also if you do a search on bodly lifts there is a couple of good threads on bodylift installs. the really hard parts is breaking those stupid body mount bolts loose once you get those the rest is just time consuming nothing that hard. 1-2 two day job.

Back