• Register Today It's free!

I need to know 0-60, 1/4 mile

alexkerhead

Reaction score
City, State
Montgomery, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT 2WD 4.0
:exp: I need to know the 0-60 and 1\4 mile for a stock 1995 ford explorer 4speed auto, 4.0L. The reason is , one of my friends want to race me in his rice rocket and I know his times, but not, mine, I would check, but to many cops out lately.
I'll race him at the track. I will race him anyway, regardless if I think I can win or not, cause, losing isnt as bad as backing out. I would appreciate the info. :exp:

Heres my baby, with 162,000 miles.
http://gallery.caraudio.com/pp/show...bf9d983f7f86debfafb7580&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what does he drive?

this

He drives a Honda Civic with a cold air intake and a dual straight back exhaust. It is the 1.6L single cam.

read

it is in 2 weeks, what should, I do?
im thinking since I have little money, and Im getting a new 351 this summer, I could go ahead and have fun with some nos.

I beat him before he got the upgrades, but by .06 of a second.

You'll win off the line, but he'll get you on the top end.

here

it is just a 1\4 mile race, i should kill him with nos, hopefully. my top end speed limiter is disengaged.

i'll kill him when i get my 351ci, heh heh heh, and 5spd manual tranny, and 10in rear end.

i cant respond anymore tonight, but ill be back tommorow

alexkerhead said:
it is just a 1\4 mile race, i should kill him with nos, hopefully. my top end speed limiter is disengaged.

i'll kill him when i get my 351ci, heh heh heh, and 5spd manual tranny, and 10in rear end.

i cant respond anymore tonight, but ill be back tommorow

10" rear end? outta what? Why? why not jsut a 9", it is or can be built PLENTY strong .....

A stock Civic vs. a stock Explorer at the track...................that would have to be the most BORING race ever witnessed!!

A 10" rear end huh? A) what is that? B) Why? What difference does your rear size mean? The stock 8.8" could handle any ponies you could throw at it.

You want to spend money on nitrous to beat a damn Honda at the track? Save the track time money and buy a CD or something worthwhile.

does he have an auto or a manual?

I'd say the outcome of the race would be positive for the vehicle who the conditions of the race favor. Its going to be very hard for him to make up ground if he spins out or boggs down on the launch....or misses a gear. Your truck should just drag its ass out of the hole and on to a win unless he knows what he's doing. What is his time at the track anyway? I'd guess your time would be in the high 16's if you took your sub / spare tire out and powerbraked before the takeoff.

Sell the X and buy a stang if you wanna race.

I'd rather dump my money into modding a stang that can eat ricers for dinner instead of getting only marginally better performance from an X.

heres the deal, the 10" rear end is a freebie from my uncle, and I like big vehicles, I like mustangs, but wouldn't give up explorer for it.
It wont be too boring, if he does win, cause my friend's t-bird, 302 s\c will kill him for me. But I think it'll be a little fun if I go to the track.
I am not a big off roader, I like a good driven vehicle, when I get my new stuff, it'lol be an excellent driven vehicle.
The rear end as well as tranny and 4.0l motor has 162,000 miles on my explorer, so while i'm getting new stuff :exp: , why not just upgrade, if it isnt costing anything?

The figures show that, a 351Cubic inch ford racing motor, a 5speed manual tranny, and a set of 275/75 tires will be quit nice.
If I hit all the gears right, I should be running 6.6sec 0-60. at A 4200LB weight. So in other words, it should be good. Thats betta than a stock v6 3.8L mustang, and close to a gt mustang 4.6L

1/4 mile in and X, LOL! that's funny. I've never heard of anyone really wanting to race these. I love my truck, but it's by no means a 1/4 type vehicle.

Even my 96 Cavalier, that i sold to buy my X, would blow the dors off my X. These are SUV's not rice rockets.

As for beating him (civic) with a T-Bird w/302, ya that's a fair fight LOL! That's like going up to a 8th grade girl and picking a fight with her. :)

Good luck on your race though... let us know how it goes.

Actually I beat a 2001 Celica the other day... but the girl never knew we were racing. LOL! but it's still a win (red light racing)

meh celicas are slow anyway =)

can beat them off the line in a stock 4.0sohc with 400lbs of stereo equipment =)

this thread...it is horrible. the guy asked a question...so answer it.

racing in a civic is just as rediculous as racing in an explorer...there is no argument to be made that explorers shouldn't be raced against other cars. If you paid for the damn thing, its your right. There are plenty of explorers on this board that would ass pound most of the cars on the road in a drag race.

as for rice rockets... i'd say 99.9% of them are mid 16's or slower (emphasis on slower)...which puts them well within the range of the soccer mom mobiles we drive.

I remember reading that a stock 1994 Explorer 4.0 OHV 2WD auto did 11.0 0-60 and 18.4 in the 1/4 mile. Same specs as your 95.

With my 95 auto it was right around 18.0 in the quarter. That was with an intake, bbk throttle body, chip, and catback exhaust. I put down 151 rwhp with that set up. If you want to beat ricers and still have the luxuries of a suv get something with the v8. With the setup I have on my v8 now im guessing I have around 100 more hp than i did with my 95 v6.

I ran 16 flat @ 4600 lbs+, full roof rack (with accessories), spare, subs, etc.
33s, 4.30s, no nitrous. :D

Off the line Splat would whip most cars.

They can be made speedy, but it's fairly expensive and you soon run into the hard reality of what vehicle you're using.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would say with the old 4.0 OHV give it up! :rolleyes: I don't even try to drive mine fast anymore. Now my wifes with the 4.0 SOHC..That's a different story! That thing is pretty quick for what it is! I would not even hesitate to race a rice rocket in the thing. Not that I would though :rolleyes:

Back