Icecube498's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Icecube498's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Status
Not open for further replies.
NHarris's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Hey all, I did change my username, so it may appear as icecube498 still...

Finally decided to post myself a explorer registry page. Here's my X, so far...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 62K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. The next mod is clear corners.

Day I bought it,
profilepicu.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
mudnf.jpg

Her first mud bath, with added clear corners and no running boards
mudend.jpg

Pics back up!
See Post #10 for the latest additions! EDIT: Now see below...

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
Well, now I have a few new things...
4th gen mirrors, bull bar, with AUX lights, I'm back to the OEM corners, painted the grilles black, and I have 5 new GoodYear Wrangler ArmorTrac Tires in 245/70
newpic2.jpg

tiresnew.jpg

I went with a magnaflow Exhaust!
exhaust3.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

Cold Air Intake
intakefinished.jpg

Pioneer Head Unit
newradio.jpg

TB spacer mod
tbspacermod1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lookin good keep up good work

Thanks. Its a great explorer so far. I'd say I prefer my 98, just 'cause the differential doesn't whine and have problems like this X has.

Nate, I like the direction you are going with the Ex. Looks really clean.

What kinds of problems are you having with the truck? I also had a 98 (Sport) and replaced it with an 05 (Eddie Bauer). I miss the 98, it was fun, but always had to fix something. My 05 has been 2 years problem free. And I mean totally problem free. I love my 3rd Gen and have not looked back.

Nate, I like the direction you are going with the Ex. Looks really clean.

What kinds of problems are you having with the truck? I also had a 98 (Sport) and replaced it with an 05 (Eddie Bauer). I miss the 98, it was fun, but always had to fix something. My 05 has been 2 years problem free. And I mean totally problem free. I love my 3rd Gen and have not looked back.

--Well for me its just a bunch of little things and a few major things. First, the anti-theft system is dead. The differential is whining like a baby. Lumbar broke :D (my fault). Its just those things. Besides that its a wonderful explorer.
--Yeah tell me about fixing the 98's. On mine: From a new head gasket to a rebuilt transmission to a basically new front-end suspension. And the one thing irritating me the most about my 98...a popping noise coming out of the front end. :mad: No one knows where its coming from, but its done it for years now.

Here's my intake in the works: its got a gap up where it joins the airbox, so I'm working on an adapter. I got the airbox mod done on it, just need the high flow K&N drop-in filter.
Finished product in first post

Nice looking X, but more importantly, I envy your scenery. I would gladly give you Tuesday (Raleigh City) for a mountain today.

Alright...next mod done! Cold Air intake attached to airbox with airbox mod :D
Moved pictures up to the top :thumbsup:

Update! :)
Well, now I have a few new things...
4th gen mirrors, bull bar, with AUX lights, I'm back to the OEM corners, painted the grilles black, and I have 5 new GoodYear Wrangler ArmorTrac Tires in 245/70
newpic2.jpg

tiresnew.jpg

I went with a magnaflow Exhaust!
exhaust3.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

Cold Air Intake
intakefinished.jpg

Pioneer Head Unit
newradio.jpg

TB spacer mod
tbspacermod1.jpg

Status