Idling at 1000 rpms ?

Gen Tech

Reaction score
City, State
maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer XLT
2014 xlt 3.5 non turbo,fwd, 60k miles.
Drove earlier today and noticed in the parking lot it felt different. I noticed a vibration touching the steering wheel and shifter and also felt it through the seat. Vehicle in drive foot on brake and vehicle not moving. Put shifter in neutral and seems to go away. It's feels like a miss fire only at idle. Under load seems perfectly fine. No CEL or any warning lights. Check for codes including history and pending and there are none. Now after I've gotten home it seems almost fine except the idle raises it self to 1000 rpms after running for about 3-5 mins, it does this regardless of engine temp. It's also making a little difficult to shift into gear. Has anybody else had this issue? I've seen a lot of post from people with eco boost engines having similar idling problems but can't find anyone with non turbo engines having idle problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What does your temperature gauge say during all of this?

Temp stays normal. No over heating and not running under temp either.

Temp stays normal. No over heating and not running under temp either.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Please add he trim level (XLT) to your profile so it shows in the margin. This can be helpful info. Thanks.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Please add he trim level (XLT) to your profile so it shows in the margin. This can be helpful info. Thanks.

Peter
Added trim level to profile. And I also stated it in my first post.

Back