• Register Today It's free!

IDS Request

shutmdown

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford PIU
Is there anyone in the Ventura County or Valencia area that has access to IDS and can program my remotes to activate RKE. Tried to ask my dealer to program the remotes, but they state that the original BOM for this vehicle shows that RKE was never an option. They're saying the "module" does not exist in this vehicle. I've tried explaining that I've enabled RKE on Forscan and just need the remotes programmed but they will not budge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you tried another ford or Lincoln dealer?

If you activated rke via forscan, just print the instructions for remote programming from the tsb and go to another dealer.

Have you tried another ford or Lincoln dealer?

If you activated rke via forscan, just print the instructions for remote programming from the tsb and go to another dealer.
Just checked another dealer and they're saying the same thing, but they said they'd be willing to give it a shot but want to charge me $145 to do so...

Good afternoon All:

Bumping this with the same question please - Just got word from the Simi Valley Ford dealer that they won't work with the PIMods files either - did the other dealer you called end up doing the work? Did someone locally have a forscan that was able to assist?

I want to do the following:

- RKE (have new factory remote);
- Autolamps (have switch and sunlight sensor on the way)
- Perimeter alarm (have the hood pin on the way)
- liftgate fix

Also about to make my first post on the rest of the stuff, including infortainment.com 8" w/ nav/satellite/HD (already ordered), and already ordered all parts to do the 2nd row headrests, but for now, hoping someone locally has an answer on this...

Thank you,

nsindel

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Just to let you know that the member your asking about regarding the 2nd dealer, hasn't been seen here since Feb. 19, 2021. Hopefully, the member is still around.
What are you looking at regarding "liftgate fix"?

Peter

Hello Peter -

First off, thank you for the welcome message. I'm getting some things baselined on my new purchase, and will then be posting a bit more. Coming from the CVPI world, which I had from 2013 - a week ago, and the differences are just amazing. Miss the CVPI, thoroughly enjoying the PIU.

Thank you also for the info on shutmdown.

For the hatch, I want to disable the timer for the switch, and have 'all lock/all unlock' instead. Makes sense for police use, but the novelty of the cool little PI-only warning light wears off rather quickly when I have to keep pulling out the key.

I have some other feelers out with my friends, and if I happen across someone trustworthy here in the SoCal area, I will post up contact information.

Thank you again -

nathan

Hi Nathan. I'm not familiar with the switch timer and don't believe I've read about that here before. With many PIU owners here, hopefully someone will be able to help you with that. I don't know if that feature can be disabled/modified with the use of FORScan. Lots of members familiar with that software tool as well. Good luck.

Peter

In Dayton Ohio, I have IDS and forscan, if someone near me needs these mods done, I can oblige.

Hello Marauderleader:

33 hr (2,218.6 mi) via I-40 E says Google... otherwise I'd say yes, and thank you.

And hello again Peter:

The PI Mod folks (FLVP Mod) offers a file for what I'm talking about:

Description: Program file to disable the timer function of the 2016 to 2019 Police Interceptor Utility liftgate timer. This will make the lock status of the liftgate follow the status of the power door locks. Programming file to be used with Dealer Programming. VIN required.

2016-2019 PI Utility Liftgate Fix

A question for you Peter - coming from other forums over the years - does Explorerforum do 'sticky' threads? Would it be something of interest to have a sticky with a list of people that have IDS/forscan capabilities that are willing to do this kind of thing like Marauderleader?

Thank you again,

nathan

You have to enable keyless entry in the bcm then you can program the key less remotes the old fashioned way.

Hello BoominX -

From the other threads I've read, that does not work on the 2016+ model, if you are talking about the on/off 8 times with the key process (?)

Hmm you may be right as I've only messed with as new as a 15 Explorer PI. I did do a 2016 taurus the other day with no issue. Just had ignition key prev and customer had bought the hood switch and fob with remote start button. Once enabled it programmed with the 8x dealio. Both keyless entry and remote start had to be enabled.

Hello BoominX -

From the other threads I've read, that does not work on the 2016+ model, if you are talking about the on/off 8 times with the key process (?)
You are correct, the electronic "platform" is different between the 2 vehicles.

Back