Inflatable Seatbelt Receiver

bluenadas

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
All,

Has anyone ever removed the receiver/latch from the middle row seats where you have the inflatable seat belts? I have bucket seats in the middle row.

I know the latch is where the "cold gas" comes from during an accident, and given this, I'm curious if anyone knows what the procedure is (or where to find it) for removal and replacement of the latch? Part I'm replacing is BB5Z-7860045-CA as the original has essentially fallen to pieces.

All,

Has anyone ever removed the receiver/latch from the middle seats where you have the inflatable seat belts?

I know the latch is where the "cold gas" comes from during an accident, and given this, I'm curious if anyone knows what the procedure is (or where to find it) for removal and replacement of the latch? Part I'm replacing is BB5Z-7860045-CA as the original has essentially fallen to pieces.
Please add the now 'Required' "Trim Level" (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it shows in the margin. That can at times be useful info to have. Thanks. Sorry I can't help with your question, my inflatable belts are on the two outboard seats.

Peter

I updated my vehicle data already.

And I've edited my original post to be more clear.

Back