• Register Today It's free!

Injector Not Firing

neonarc77

Reaction score
City, State
Guadalajara, Jalisco
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 EB
I have a 02 4.6L 4x2 Explorer that was idleing pretty bad and very underpowered. I checked the codes and I got lean banks and Injector Circuit Malfunction.

I took care of the lean banks with the intake manifold gasket but I still have the Injector issue. I put a node light to it and it is not firing. I check the wire that goes to the injector and there is no voltage there either.

Does anyone know what this could be? I really have no idea. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there is a coil for each cylinder ..maybe the coil is bad for that cylinder?...edit: not sure why the injector won't fire

Hi nascar intimid, thanks for the reply,

We checked coil and it is working fine. Even switched them and same thing. The issue is that the injector is not getting a signal from the ECM to fire.

I've done some searching on the net and all searches point to ECM problem, not necessarily a replace but maybe a re-flash...good luck!! and let us know

Thanks nascar,

I assume that only the dealership can do the reflash? Are independent shops able to do this or at least find out if replacement/reflash is needed?

independants can do it...sure. But sometimes a dealer knows a little more about the electronics because that's all they deal with...plus a dealer has a data base of troubleshooting scenerios where an independant won't.
Actually that is how I got my tranny re-programmed with an update by them looking for troubleshootings/fixes that no one else would have known about...so it's your choice but the dealer would be my choice if it is a large dealership, not the old hicktown type...

Back