Innova 3100 Scanner/ sensors not completing tests | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Innova 3100 Scanner/ sensors not completing tests

kdspapa

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Oregon -Grants Pass
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0L
I recently purchased a Innova 3100 scanner and when I attach it to my 99 Mounty AWD 5.0, it indicates, that some of the sensors are not completing their tests. I have left it attached for up to twenty minutes and several sensor indicators on the tool keep blinking. The tool manual states that these sensors are still testing.

My question is: does it take over twenty minutes to test sensors or are the sensors faulty? My truck is not showing any ODB codes and runs great.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you completing the OBD-2 drive cycle as outlined in your manual?

There may be some sensors your scantool cannot read. It happens all the time.. People buy the Scangauge and hope it'll show certain functions that they can't.

I bought an Innova 3100 a year or so back and I'm very happy with it.

I had issues on my 99 Explorer 4.0 OHV. Intake manifold gaskets and IAC valve. Replaced and DTC codes went away but it took a while for all the monitor lights to settle down (not flash). The EVAP monitor for instance takes two drive cycles according to the manual. In my case it took three. Possibly the drive cycles were too short and each of them was over 20 minutes. Speeds, etc in the drive cycles are important as referenced in the manual.

Drive Cycles! No, I just attached the scanner after a long drive. Huh! I have to look into that. Thanks!

Back