installed new lights (pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

installed new lights (pics)

went to wally world and saw these lights for $20/set. Couldnt pass em up! I threw 100 watt bulbs in the two middle ones, and aimed them out far, and aimed the two outer ones down right in front of the truck for playin in the dirt at night. check em out:

lights2kd.jpg

regular headlights +high beams:
lightsoff3yh.jpg

headlights + high beams + center 100w :
lightson15ig.jpg

headlights + highs + center 100w + outer 55w:
lightson24wn.jpg

all lights on :
lightson30md.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting. That first small picture was weird cause I couldn't see where the lights were. They seem pretty bright!

-Drew

i edited the posts so there arent small pics anymore. also makes it easier to see the difference the lights make. and boy do they make a difference. my stock lights +brights have nothing on the two 100 watt lights, plus the 2 55watt ones aimed down in front of the truck are perfect for playin at night1

dang thats lights awesome, where did u get the 100w bulbs?

i am ashamed to say it, but i got them at autozone :( they were the only place i could find 100 watt H3 bulbs. They are sylvania bulbs too, wich is nice. Sylvania also makes 55w silverstar h3 bulbs, and if i could find 100w silverstars i'd definatly put em in :D

hey, nice job. i have a set of those ligths on my brushguard. did you use the light kit wires or use different wires? I used the kit wires but my question is if your 100 watt bulbs are on the origional wires and if so will they wires hold all that wattage? If not what wire did you upgrade to?

hehehe nice and bright :D thats awsome. :chug:

nice looking i was going to put four on my roof rack...are those those baja lights?....they look great.

cool, do you think those would fit under the front roof rack bar? i wouldnt mind some high mounted lights but still be able to put stuff on top, like a canoe.

SkanlaxJMO said:
nice looking i was going to put four on my roof rack...are those those baja lights?....they look great.

mine are, and those look exactly the same.

i like where you mounted them, it help fills the gap let from the bodylift

never been a fan of rectangle lights but nice work!

can u post a pic on how u mounted them please? I'm about to go buy me a set!

How are your wires holding up? I have this same set on my roof, but I still have the 55 watt bulbs in them. I know that with my headlights I upgraded to a 100Watt bulb and it fried the harness, so I had to upgrade.

bump

Thats awesome, I just hope I dont come across you at night going the opposite direction....That would suck

Looks awesome Though

Back