New lights! Videos and pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New lights! Videos and pics

Four roof mounted KC Pro Sport HID's (Spots) and a 32" OPT7 LED Light Bar:

Fogs-Headlights-"Brights"-KC's-Light Bar:

The HID's warming up:

The first video really doesn't do the KC's justice, they are by far the furthest reaching light I've ever seen. Obviously the light bar is massively bright lol.

How the wires are run through the roof:
rNZN9wb.jpg

Eventually I'll get something to make it look a bit better, but it's definitely water tight.

Pics!:
BNdde2y.jpg

cVaDasr.jpg

Gv1y4bk.jpg

qPsMqvn.jpg

jNfR9Rq.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can we get some pics and description of the 32" LED bar install? I'm considering a combo bar in that spot on my 2002 ST. Thanks.

Looks great! Thanks for sharing! :)

Can we get some pics and description of the 32" LED bar install? I'm considering a combo bar in that spot on my 2002 ST. Thanks.

Just a straight piece of steel bolted to the bumper with the light brackets bolted to that. Getting it powder coated soon.
y5t92g6.jpg

That's pretty good light reach, nice!

Thanks!

Looks good.

One thing I'd see is how mounting the light bar a bit higher would affect your light output from it.

Putting it so low makes it glare a lot more off the road in front of you.
Try putting it at around grill height and see how you like it.

Looks good.

One thing I'd see is how mounting the light bar a bit higher would affect your light output from it.

Putting it so low makes it glare a lot more off the road in front of you.
Try putting it at around grill height and see how you like it.

While I'm sure it would be a bit better, I have no mounting options for it higher up right now. It saved me a few times on some trails today.

While I'm sure it would be a bit better, I have no mounting options for it higher up right now. It saved me a few times on some trails today.

Unless you want to drill into your bumper. :D

Back