• Register Today It's free!

Instrument cluster alarm/buzzer

RangerSVT

Reaction score
City, State
Indian Mound, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 V8 Sport Trac 4x4
Ok, I finally got around to doing my V8 tach mod, but when i unplugged my instrument cluster (the key was on so the shifter could be out into 1st to remove IC bezel) I started getting a series of buzzes, 5 sets of 5 to be exact. After about 5 or 10 minutes, the buzzer/alarm cycle repeats 5 sets of 5. SVT (my 96 4x4 ranger) did the same thing when I plugged in the sport trac instrument cluster. What is this, is this coming from the ic, and how can I shut that annoying noise up? I think it could be related to pats, but I'm unsure. I have pats deleted in my tuner, and I've tried reprogramming my ecu again, but that didn't work. Can anyone shed some light on this?

SVT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Five sets of five beeps is a SRS indicator lamp malfunction warning with pending SRS faults. Air bag light not working?

I disconnected my airbags when I swapped steering columns (the original shifted column for the gear selector had slack). Why did this happen only after unplugging the IC and not when i unplug the airbag? I take it this is in the IC? Any way to disable it, or will I have to reconnect my bags?

SVT

I suppose. The beeping only indicates that the lamp is out with a pending code aka your disconnected bags. If disconnecting that IC put the lamp out then your assumption is correct. I'm not up on the cluster electronics.

Back