Interior indicator lights question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior indicator lights question

sor118

Reaction score
City, State
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Limited
Hi Guys,

I have a 98 Limited not that it matters but it might.

I was wondering if the words on the overhead display (lamp) (mode) (lamp) are supposed to be lit when you have the headlights turned to the on position. Anyone?

I was wondering the same with the indicator words/numbers and set button for the Memory seats as well as for the button for power mirrors. It doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't light up. You can't see the bloody things at night.

Let me know guys.

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Sorr...the words in the overhead display dont light up, the powers mirrors don t have a light and the power seat either. I was wondering do yo have a chromatic mirror... I want to know if the words on the base of the mirror lights up ?

daniel cauchon, bhe base of my side view mirrors do light up when I hit the unlock button on the remote and when I punch in the entry code to unlock as well.

Hope that helps you out. Thanks for answering my question!

Oh wait a sec, you mean the rear view mirror right. I'll have to check that out. I think you mean the dleyed head light turn off setting/dimming mirror right? I'll have to check that out. I never really noticed.

exactly ! the word on the base of the mirror where you have you slide switch to delay the headlights shutoff when you turn off the engine.

tx

daniel cauchon-mine don't light up on my rearview mirror. Sorry I took so long.

Scott

my rear defroster light doesn't light up, is it burnt?.... do they light it with an led, and would it be possible to replace it or would I have to replace the whole pannel (not worth it)

Back