• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent Airbag Warning Light

dgc76

Reaction score
City, State
Gate City, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 XLT Sport Appearance
Last Friday, my wife took the Explorer out. During her trip, the warning light came on and I received an alert on FordPass for a drivers side airbag issue. The light later went off. A little while later, it came back on and I received another alert on FordPass. When I got home, I started it up and there was no light. Wife took it out on Saturday for a 120 mile trip and again it came on and I received another alert on FordPass. On Monday, I started calling the local dealers for an appointment and they were all booked and the earliest appointment I could get was 9/9/21. Have not driven it since last Saturday. Anyone else had this experience with the system warning going on and off?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In the 5th gen it was the connector under the driver's seat that caused this issue several times. I don't know if the 6yh gen has the same setup. Just try disconnecting/connecting it and make sure the contacts are good if you find it.

Peter

In the 5th gen it was the connector under the driver's seat that caused this issue several times. I don't know if the 6yh gen has the same setup. Just try disconnecting/connecting it and make sure the contacts are good if you find it.

Peter
Thanks, I will try it when I get home tonight.

Thanks, I will try it when I get home tonight.

Yep, that is what it is. We had to replace it on our passengers side seat. It is an on/ off problem and you will have to replace the plug harness to fix it.

Yep, that is what it is. We had to replace it on our passengers side seat. It is an on/ off problem and you will have to replace the plug harness to fix it.
I fiddled with the harness connector and the light is off for now. Thanks Peter & DorAExplorer. I am going to keep my dealer appointment as I suspect the problem will reappear.

I fiddled with the harness connector and the light is off for now. Thanks Peter & DorAExplorer. I am going to keep my dealer appointment as I suspect the problem will reappear.
Appointment this morning with the dealer. Was the connection from seat bottom to seat back. He worked on it and the light has been off all day. He ordered a new harness, but said if it does not come back on in the next few weeks that it should be okay.

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Back