• Register Today It's free!

Is $100 good for OE HU used???

explorer4x493

Reaction score
City, State
Edmond, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Limited 4x4 V8
I've been calling around here at alot of junk yards and shops for a factory head unit. I blew my Pioneer and turns out that my factory is burnt up too. So i just want a factory HU again to go w/ my 6 disc and factory sub.

The question is: is $100 a good price to pay for a factory head unit? I could go get a cheapo pioneer from Best Buy for around that price, i know. I just want the OE again.

Thanks, and if anyone is just happening to sell theirs (w/ premium sound (JBL)) let me know...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't see the point of doing factory, they just aren't as good....

But thats probably a decent price, compared to the several hundred the dealer would charge you.

Does it matter if I didn't have the JBL system? I think I have the Premium Package factory HU. No CD player, just the tape deck & AM/FM..if you are interested PM me or something...

I also bought a used OEM Premium HU AM/FM/CASS back in 99? to replace a broken one. He had 2 I bought the $150 becuase it looked new, the other one was $100 or $115 but looked beat up. I also have the old unit somewhere. Just upgrade to an aftermarket unit and get newer features - like them new CD things ;-)

Remember the HU is the keyboard only. The "brain" or the amp for the system is located in the rear quarter panel. If the stock HU powers up but no sound is coming out of it, then it's the amp, not your HU.

Nope, there's no power...nothing, so i don't think that it's the amp in the rear.

I just like the factory HU now and i'm pretty sure that i have to have the JBL one. It has a few more features than the base, or whatever it is.

`i have what u want, pm me

Back