• Register Today It's free!

Is there a headlamp indicator?

Lucille

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT '11
I hope this isn't a dumb question. Sometimes I'm wondering if the automatic headlights have turned on or not. Such as when it's just getting darker out. Is there an indicator someplace on the dash display showing if the headlights are on or not?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope this isn't a dumb question. Sometimes I'm wondering if the automatic headlights have turned on or not. Such as when it's just getting darker out. Is there an indicator someplace on the dash display showing if the headlights are on or not?

I'm pretty sure there isn't. This same thing has bothered me for a while...
The only way I've found to get an indication is to keep your fogs always on. When the auto headlights turn on, the fog light indicator will light up.

The best way is to jump in front of the explorer while its moving in the night !!! Lol only kinding you will se the mft dim a bit!!

I'm pretty sure there isn't. This same thing has bothered me for a while...
The only way I've found to get an indication is to keep your fogs always on. When the auto headlights turn on, the fog light indicator will light up.

That's how I do it in my 08. Not having an indicator is an old feature :D

That's how I do it in my 08. Not having an indicator is an old feature :D

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've had this "feature" for a while. That's how I had to do it in my '04 F150.

The light on the lights dial will be lit if the headlights are on.

The light on the lights dial will be lit if the headlights are on.

If it's dark enough to see the tiny light behind the dial, it's most likely dark enough to tell if your headlights are on without an indicator! :rolleyes:

Back