Is there an award for the muddiest X? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there an award for the muddiest X?

Hey I just got back from Moab and while we were there we saw this mud hole. HEEHEEHEE!! Notice that my car is blue.

Before

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

After

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Check out the link below for more pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Crankcase

You can hose down the engine, just cover the Alternator, Coil pack, and battery with bags or plastic.

Heck, I just opened the hood and nailed it with the pressure washer. Most of the newer vehicles have the above mentioned items pretty well sealed up against water contamination. I just was careful around the alternator. and wiring harness's. It took me a full 8 hours with the pressure washer to get most of the mud off. I don't think the rest will ever come off. It worked into nooks and crannies that there is no way I'm gonna wash it out. Maybe over time and with help from deep puddles, more will come out.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

bah... i just blast everything under the hood....

That is what I did in Moab, then my alternator died and killed my car in the middle of nowhere. $230 and a day later....

you probley blew mud into your alternator..... burt it up.... i wheel everyweekend and i make sure i wash everything off... here and there.

Sooooooooooo......mmmmh....thats where the past 2 alternators have went!!!!!:(

ahjaWS

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR TRUCK AS FAR AS LIFT, TIRES, AND WHEELS?

I just have a 3"BL and 31/10.5 tires with stock rims.

You can check my website for more info.:D

try it with the Dead Link Removed and see how much mud you collect.... :)

Riff

Any newer pics anyone?

I haven't got out that much lately, but here is a few shots from Ouray.

Not very muddy, but oh well.

CW-OurayX02-A72.jpg

CW-OurayX01-A72.jpg

Come on. We need to get this thread going again. There has to be more muddy car pics.:D

Best I can do right now...all pics from GWNF, VA

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

9832resize_ds2-med.jpg

How were you looking out your winow in the second pic. Or were you trying blind off-roading. I heard that is getting popular now.:p

THe first pic was actually the after shot. THe windows were covered from that hole, so I hadn't had a chance to clean them off before the pic was taken. So...yea I was pretty much blind.

Picture your X with a 1/2 inch of striaght mud completely covered in THICK mud with every window covered. I could barely see through the windshield. I ended up washing it in a creek becasue there was now way i could take it to any car wash.

I couldn't see anything at all I relied on friends to be my eyes to get out. I carry about 3 gallons of water with me plus a sqeege for times like that. I washed it partially as soon as I got out because there was no way to see even to move back down the trai lt oa creek. All of that was nasty coalmine mud...maynot be as thick, but defianately not something you want to let dry for very long.

I managed to get a clump of mud over the thingy from the mirror to the door! mud is fun, i just helped dig my friends brothers s1500 out of about 2 feet of mud. Man that thing roars.

just wait until i get my scaner working. I have some great one for all yall.

I always thought something was very wrong when you park a beautifully made up muddy Explorer next to a Wrangler with like 20 coats of Zymol on it. How embarassing. (For the Jeep that is) Muddy Explorers look even better next to Beemers. It is a sure fire way that the person parked next to you won't rub up on your ride on the way into their Beemer. :)

Back