Is there anyway to check if recalls have been completed long ago? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there anyway to check if recalls have been completed long ago?

carafe hs a maintainence tab u can use for free
Hi Fix4Dirt! I went and paid for the Carfax. Interesting to look at the history of my girl. It shows me as the 2nd owner. I don't know about that. Shows shipped to dealer in 6/97. Titled in 9/97, then reported stolen 12/99 then a title change (ownership change?) in 1/01 and an emissions test in 8/01. Then there is no information until 10/06 with a registration renewal. There was only the speed control recall in 2009 on the report and a service at Pep Boys in 2020.
I wonder what was happening from 8/01 until 10/06? I'm hoping an updated timing chain job. Crossed fingers!
I think I read that Ford has an internal system called Osiris.? Does anyone know about that? Maybe that is the missing link!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Screenshot_20240308_000427_Chrome.jpg
This guy calls it Oasis in a post from '05. Dead link of course.

Hi Fix4Dirt! I went and paid for the Carfax. Interesting to look at the history of my girl. It shows me as the 2nd owner. I don't know about that. Shows shipped to dealer in 6/97. Titled in 9/97, then reported stolen 12/99 then a title change (ownership change?) in 1/01 and an emissions test in 8/01. Then there is no information until 10/06 with a registration renewal. There was only the speed control recall in 2009 on the report and a service at Pep Boys in 2020.
I wonder what was happening from 8/01 until 10/06? I'm hoping an updated timing chain job. Crossed fingers!
I think I read that Ford has an internal system called Osiris.? Does anyone know about that? Maybe that is the missing link!
Hmm so maybe just taken care personally. You know oil changes done at home. I kinda don't like those people that don't mark it down. But very interesting at the sketchy report

Well lookie here! I went to the dealer to see about the reimbursement for the A- pillar repair on my Wife's '19 and got to talking. They were nice enough to print out what they had. Looks like the big recalls and customer satisfaction program repairs were done! If anyone here has a familiarity with Oasis, can I ask, are the details a hyperlink? Meaning, is there part and labor info somewhere? I believe from reading that 0012 for example, wouldn't replace everything automatically. They would follow the prescribed methodology and stop when the noise went away.
20240308_142908.jpg
20240308_142920.jpg

Well lookie here! I went to the dealer to see about the reimbursement for the A- pillar repair on my Wife's '19 and got to talking. They were nice enough to print out what they had. Looks like the big recalls and customer satisfaction program repairs were done! If anyone here has a familiarity with Oasis, can I ask, are the details a hyperlink? Meaning, is there part and labor info somewhere? I believe from reading that 0012 for example, wouldn't replace everything automatically. They would follow the prescribed methodology and stop when the noise went away.
View attachment 450493View attachment 450494
I would still honestly replace those, they are 20+ years old so they maybe worn-out. Honestly, it's not that hard to do. i just had problems with mine cause they were probably in there so long. 27mm and great big extension and breaker bar.

I would still honestly replace those, they are 20+ years old so they maybe worn-out. Honestly, it's not that hard to do. i just had problems with mine cause they were probably in there so long. 27mm and great big extension and breaker bar.
I will. I'm also thinking about an Accupressure pre-oiler, but that is for another thread.

Usually, the cruise control recall harness will have a blue tag on it, like this. I just bought the correct harness, and had my local mechanic put it on. My local Ford stealership was not an option due to their reputation.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 28

Usually, the cruise control recall harness will have a blue tag on it, like this. I just bought the correct harness, and had my local mechanic put it on. My local Ford stealership was not an option due to their reputation.
Ah. So that's the harness for the speed control. That recall is still open on my truck. I'm hoping the Biner guys are good. They seem to be. Would be good to document the fix. Maybe when I'm there, they can dig a little deeper into my trucks history. I need a good dealership.

Hmm so maybe just taken care personally. You know oil changes done at home. I kinda don't like those people that don't mark it down. But very interesting at the sketchy report
Maybe. There isn't any info anywhere after 8/01. I am wondering if the title change in 0/1 was a lien change and the owner stayed the same? Thinking the car was stolen by joyriders. Found a mess with some body and mechanical damage. Insurance paid off loan, owner repairs car, brings into dealership for recalls then uses local inde shop to maintain. Just a theory, but maybe?
Does anyone know how to run a registration history in PA.?

I found this site. Apparently states report info to them and then other approved data suppliers resell the info. I'm not sure another Carfax type report will give me any additional info.
I'm wondering if the dealership in PA where the recalls were done, where it may have been originally sold, would have any more info? What do you guys think?

Screenshot_20240309_000551_Chrome.jpg

Back