is there anyway to strengthen frame? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

is there anyway to strengthen frame?

Man I have the EE sway bars and I am NEVER going with out them.
Cool stuff hanging a corner at 60 and barely a lean.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What exactly broke/snapped?

one of the bolts that holds the sway bar brackets on to the frame broke off, INSIDE the frame, so i drilled it out, and tired to get it out using...one of those things that have you counter drill into the hole and it's supposed to grab the hollow bolt and take it out, but it wasn't working, so then i got a buddy of mine to weld it on, which didn't work, and so i just took it off. Thing is, i now don't have easy acces to air tools...any idea's?

I had the same thing happen to me. Drilled it out, tapped it, and used a wider bolt. Worked like a charm. Didn't use air tools, only a decent electric drill. Tapped it by hand most of the way.

lol want to talk about wondering!!

My 96 Bronco wonders everywhere!! my 96 Explorer without sway bars feels safer than ever after driving my Bronco!! lol oh and yeah try cornering a little sloooowwer .... taking a corner at 50mph+ can cause a rollover in anything!

Karol

Thanks Alex, i'll try that, i just have to have the time, i'd leave it off, but i'm not too fond of that jerk you get when your sliding on snow and then hit some dry ground...

Having said that, i ahve some rsx's on the way, so i'll wait to see how they change things up.

Back